124»

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    RGv2 wrote: »
    RGv2 wrote: »
    When I'm actually on track I never eat them back purposeful or not.
    I just think adding additional calories is odd. I work out to lose weight.

Do you honestly not know how MFP works? It's just TDEE, but you don't add the exercise to the day until you actually do it.

Yes I do know how it works
    I also know if I eat back all the calories it gives me I do not lose weight.

You're moving the goalposts a little bit here from eating back additional calories to ALL the calories, even though your position is really not to eat back any at all. Is it odd to eat back 50% or 75%?

Not odd if it works for the individual why not give it a try.
    Not everyone is the same if we were there would be a perfect way to accomplish our goals and everyone would look incredible, be happy and healthy. Wouldn't that be nice.

Well here it is in black and white.

You don't log accurately and consistently so you should not be giving advice to the OP at all...and if what is being said is accurate another reason not to give advice on how much to eat back.

MFP is designed and set up to eat back exercise calories, because you don't need to exercise to lose weight. It is setup this way for a few reasons...1. Some people can't exercise and 2. Some don't want to exercise. So if you do exercise then adding them back is using this tool the way you are suppose to.

If you log your food accurately and consistently and eat back some if not all your exercise calories you will lose weight and if you don't you are doing something wrong....either eating more than you think or burning less than you think.

OP again...if you have a tracker you have a few choices.

Set yourself as sedentary , enable negative adjustments and eat them back.
    Set yourself as light active, enable negative adjustments and eat them back...

Difference is as lightly active you won't get as many to eat back...

Would love to awesome this twice.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I've never been one to eat my exercise calories. Over time it hinders my weight loss goals and doesn't help. Once here or there, however, doesn't hurt me.