Is 5 years a big difference?

Options

Replies

• babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Nope. Not too old at all. I've dated someone who was 10 years older than me. It all depends on you, and what you feel comfortable with.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    If you have to ask, then the answer for you is probably 'yes'.

It depends on the people, maturity levels, goals, common interests, where you are in life ...

QFT
  • ClareWantsProgress
    ClareWantsProgress Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I agree with those who say that once you are an adult it really doesn't matter. (My definition for that means financially independent and living on your own for a year, minimum, to have a chance to grow up and stand on your own without relying on anyone else). My wonderful husband is 6 years older than I, and we married at 28 and 34. It is "helpful" to me that because of circumstances we were in college at roughly the same time (he took a longer route via going part-time, etc.) so our life experiences/memories are very similar. I think it's only an issue if you are SO far apart in age that you have no common ground.
  • FretheMJsmokingcannibal
    Options
    How do you recognize between a girlish crush and attraction?
    Options
    No answers?
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Not at all. Age is just a number and its all about how the person acts in their mind and their heart. But then again I have eyes for someone who is 10+ years younger than me so my opinion might be skewed a bit!
  • megabyt23
    megabyt23 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Definitely not. I prefer somewhat older guys. Depends on the maturity levels and goals of the two people involved I think.
  • faceoff4
    Options
    Definitely not. I prefer somewhat older guys. Depends on the maturity levels and goals of the two people involved I think.

Does 45 fit into that "somewhat older guys" category??? :);)
  • CheekyBrahette
    CheekyBrahette Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Not at all. Age is just a number and its all about how the person acts in their mind and their heart. But then again I have eyes for someone who is 10+ years younger than me so my opinion might be skewed a bit!

Aw, that's super sweet! :smile:
  • megabyt23
    Options

Haha of course! only for you! :wink:
  • CheekyBrahette
    Options

Mega, you said it! :drinker:
  • faceoff4
    Options

So you are saying there's a chance? :)
  • Cutting4life
    Cutting4life Posts: 505 Member
    Options

Haha of course! only for you! :wink:

:( 24 more years to go
  • CheekyBrahette
    Options

Absolutely! Like you need to ask. :flowerforyou:
  • megabyt23
    Options

You guys are too cute! haha :bigsmile:
  • CheekyBrahette
    Options

You guys are too cute! haha :bigsmile:

Jump in girl, group hug!
  • megabyt23
    Options
    [/quote]

:( 24 more years to go
    [/quote]

lol I didn't say always!!! :tongue:
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Good Lord, am I the only woman who married a guy 5 years YOUNGER than her? We've been married 16+ years, so I must be doing something right, lol...then again, he might be getting ready to trade me in on 2 twenties.

Whatever. I'll just marry for money next time.... :wink:
  • Rosalindgr
    Rosalindgr Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    LOl! when I was younger I always dated at men at least 5yrs older; my hubster of 24yrs is 9yrs older than me. However if I was to enter that season of date again I would only date men at least 5-10yrs younger.
    Options
    How do you know it's love? I'm not sure because I have never and I mean never dated before.