Protein Bar Questions

Options
Hey everyone,

I am new to protein bars & am a little curious about a few things....
1. Can you have protein bars about 2-3 hours before you go to bed?
2. For QuestBar eaters, what are you favorite flavors? If you heat them up, for how long?
3. Other than Quest, what are your favorite protein bars?

Thank you ahead of time for all responses! :-)

Replies

• richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    My only flavor of Quest Bar is Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. I've tried the new Oatmeal Chocolate Chip as well, and like it, just not as much. They've actually gotten softer and so I don't heat them up nearly as often as I used to, but 10 sec in microwave is plenty.
  • irenehb
    irenehb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I just stick to an occasional Cookies and Cream Quest bar. Sometimes I heat it for 10 seconds in the microwave but I quite often eat it just as is. I find the extra chewing required to eat the unheated bar, more satisfying as it takes you longer to eat. Whilst, heating it makes it more flavoursome it makes it softer and less satisfying in my opinion.

Whilst protein bars are a quick source of protein they are rather expensive, even when they are on sale.

If you eat meat (I don't) I personally would rely on getting protein from that source. Than again meat is expensive too and needs to be cooked (not convenient) so what do I know lol
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My favorite quest bars are S'mores and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. I also like Oh Yeah One bars (1g sugar) - Birthday Cake, Almond Bliss, Peanut Butter Pie, and Lemon cake are my favorites. I do think real food is generally better, but protein bars do satisfy some of that sweet tooth/dessert fix. If I have too many, they do start messing with my stomach a little.
  • IriaSparcast
    IriaSparcast Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Fave Quest bar = chocolate chip cookie dough. also brownie, and double chocolate chunk. dislike the "pie" ones, but I don't like pie anyway. I nuke 10-15 sec for most microwaves. my work's super-old microwave goes 20-30 sec. bonus tip: cut parchment paper into smaller pieces and nuke on that for an easy peel. nuking on a paper plate is sticky
  • Scotty_51
    Scotty_51 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Favorite quest bar is cinnamon roll, never tried it heated up.
  • Jen2133
    Jen2133 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I like Quest bars, but I love Kombat Crunch bars! The Birthdate Cake and Chocolate Coconut ones are my favourite. I've never heated them up, though.
  • Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

2. For QuestBar eaters, what are you favorite flavors? If you heat them up, for how long?

1. Yep. Truth: You can have anything 2-3 hours before bed.
    2. Favorites were: White Chocolate Raspberry, Brownie, Double Chocolate. Everyone seems to love the Cookie Dough. 10-15 seconds microwave max.
    3. Oh Yeah! One Bars are comparable to Quest in nutrition but taste a bit better (less sweet) IMO.
  • jopalis
    jopalis Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I use Zone bars.
  • esckaiftw
    esckaiftw Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Quest Peanut Butter Supreme. Pure Protein are good as well. Truth be told, just about any Peanut Butter protein bar is good for.
  • H722R
    H722R Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You should try Oh Yeah One Bars. Birthday cake and Almond Bliss are the best! Once you try them you wont go back to quest bars. And for your first question, yes.
  • tttawny123
    tttawny123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree about the Oh Yeah One bars! I was a Quest fan until I found them, and I haven't had a Quest bar since. My favorite is the cinnamon roll bar. It's ridiculously good. I would eat it as a snack, even if it wasn't "healthy". I suggest trying several flavors.
    I also like (as stupid as the name is) "Carb Killa" bars. The chocolate cream, or caramel chaos, are both really good, especially after 20 seconds in the microwave.
  • lpaigewilsonmfp
    Options
    combat crunch is my favourite and then the oh yeah bars... i think quest might have changed their formula and i don't find them that good anymore for the cost. Simply bars are pretty good and the calories listed are accurate according to their macros. I think most quest bars are marketed from 180-220 cals but most of them actually have 245-ish
  • katcunock
    katcunock Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I really love Trek Chococolate Protein Flapjacks personally :)
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Of course! I've always eaten whatever I want before bed.
    wrote:
    3. For QuestBar eaters, what are you favorite flavors? If you heat them up, for how long?
    I like the chocolate chip cookie dough best. Their new blueberry and oatmeal chocolate chip flavors are pretty good too. 10-15 seconds of heating does the job.
    wrote:

MusclePharm Combat Crunch (Cinnamon Twist is a winner; Cookies and Cream is a runner-up)
    Oh Yeah One (Birthday Cake is a top seller, with good reason)
    Fitjoy (New bar. I don't like nuts of any kind and didn't like the mint, but I like their cookie dough)
    PowerCrunch (crunchy wafer-like bars. It's a nice change from typical chewy protein bars. I like salted caramel best)
    Balance Bars (I like cookie dough best)
    I personally do not recommend BUP bars. They taste super bland and were a HUGE disappointment for me. They don't taste bad, but they're not good either. Just ridiculously plain and bland in both looks and taste. The cookie dough and sugar cookie pretty much taste exactly the same.

• Dutchy_77
    Dutchy_77 Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    my system wount except the questbars i have premium pro bars from best body the are so much beter.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    White chocolate raspberry Quest bars. I don't heat them up, like them as is.
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    Although I do love Quest bars, I like the OhYeah One bars better. Pretty similar to Quest, but I think they taste better and I can get them for about $2 a bar at Amazon. I like the Birthday Cake.