Any women doing Whey Protein?

Options
2»

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

Seriously though, I buy whatever's cheapest at walmart. And those brands marketed to women are usually terrible. Less protein, smaller container, more expensive. I'm pretty sure whey is gender nonspecific

This.

I buy my protein at Walmart. I use it when I know I'm not going to meet my protein goal for the day. It does nothing magical for weight loss. It's inexpensive.

I need protein "for her" about as much as I need these:

image.jpg

Walgreens has ear plugs for her now. WTF?

Ha, I've seen those! I really don't understand the "for her" marketing strategy.
  • ysoto2014
    ysoto2014 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    What kind of results are you expecting? OP is not specific.

I want to get back to looking and feeling strong. I just had my 3rd and hopefully last baby and I know weighing what I did 10 years ago will not happen now. My body has changed since giving birth hip placement, hormones. I don't care about my weight I just want to be healthy and if I start lifting I want the lean muscle(I don't even like fat on my steaks). Most things marketed to women are not that great they have a ton of sugar. Even if it's not women specific I am in the market for a great protein powder!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Seriously though, I buy whatever's cheapest at walmart. And those brands marketed to women are usually terrible. Less protein, smaller container, more expensive. I'm pretty sure whey is gender nonspecific

This.

I buy my protein at Walmart. I use it when I know I'm not going to meet my protein goal for the day. It does nothing magical for weight loss. It's inexpensive.

I need protein "for her" about as much as I need these:

image.jpg

Walgreens has ear plugs for her now. WTF?

Ha, I've seen those! I really don't understand the "for her" marketing strategy.

They can charge more. The "pink tax". It won't last. Women are smart.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    ysoto2014 wrote: »
    Alluminati wrote: »
    What kind of results are you expecting? OP is not specific.

I want to get back to looking and feeling strong. I just had my 3rd and hopefully last baby and I know weighing what I did 10 years ago will not happen now. My body has changed since giving birth hip placement, hormones. I don't care about my weight I just want to be healthy and if I start lifting I want the lean muscle(I don't even like fat on my steaks). Most things marketed to women are not that great they have a ton of sugar. Even if it's not women specific I am in the market for a great protein powder!

First of all steak fat is delicious. Secondly, just find a protein powder that fits your specific protein needs and tastes good to you. I personally like the Trutein line and the Quest line of protein powder. They taste good and have decent macros.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Can't blame businesses for trying. I see no problem in having a protein powder (or any other product for that matter) with women (or men, or children) as their target customer narrowing the competition range. Sure, protein powders for women aren't any better than those for men (and in some cases worse), but if someone likes the taste and does not mind the price difference why not?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,933 Member
    Options
    ysoto2014 wrote: »
    I'm currently drinking Her Whey protein and love it but was wondering if anyone has had any results with this or any brand

Protein powder helps me hit my protein macro, and protein, along with fiber and fat, are great for me for satiety.

I get my "for her" type supplements separately - often manufacturers will sprinkle in a bit of what is called "fairy dust" enough to have the cachet of being included, but far too little to actually do any good.

The Chocolate Her Whey "Vitamin and Mineral Mix" is a joke - for starters, they use the cheaper, ineffective, artificial form of Vitamin E and the amount of Vitamin C - 30 mg - is laughable.

The RDA is just to prevent deficiency diseases like scurvy. For optimal health, do more research into necessary quantities, forms, and sources.