Can you eat whatever you want as long as you stay in your calorie range and still lose weight?

Options
124»

Replies

• gojaqs
    gojaqs Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    You can eat whatever you choose to eat, if that's what you mean by "whatever you want."
    If you WANT to continue to lose weight, what you WANT to eat better be less than the number that will cause you to gain weight. It's really that simple.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    BuddhaB0y wrote: »
    I'm down 161lbs since last Xmas with little to no exercise. For me it's totally CICO. I eat junk often, especially McDonald's, I like the food plus their strict portion controls means I can be pretty sure he calorie counts are pretty close.

That being said, losing weight makes me want to eat healthier, I like eating vegetables now and think nothing of ordering a veggie delight sub at subway or making a salad at home or grilling up some asparagus on the BBQ.

One of the things you learn quickly is.... yes you can eat all Ice cream.... but you will be hungry as hell because it does nothing to fill you up.

I was in the grocery store yesterday and picked up an amazing looking eclair.... I used to eat 2 of them as a little snack. But checking the calorie counts i decided that 390 calories of cream and chocolate was not worth the hungry feeling I'd end up with. I went and got a griller tray of asparagus and other veggies and one of new potatoes and I came home and bbqed a home made hamburger and the veggies. Drizzled an expensive balsamic vinegar over the asparagus and ate the whole tray lol.

I never used to eat much fish.... now i love making a tuna wrap for breakfast or pan frying some fresh haddock to eat. Super delicious and filling and 1lb of haddock has a fraction of the calories of red meat or even chicken.

Making healthier choices comes along naturally as you listen to your body, for me anyway.

I still eat McDonald's.... I still order pizza... I'll still eat chips. It's just making room in the calories..... however I will say chips are the devil for calories and are probably left as a very occasional treat.

Great post. This is such a sensible approach. When people ask, "can I still eat all the same foods and lose weight" the answer is yes. However, what people often find is that if they don't make any dietary changes to increase satiety or nutrition they may be left hungry. Often those then think they have to swing the pendulum to another extreme, that they have to cut out all the foods they love in order to be successful.

If more people took the time to assess their diet and play around with the balance of foods they are eating they would likely have better long term success - learning that they really want to eat more nutrient dense foods as the biggest component of their diet and then still leaving room for the old favorites in smaller, less frequent amounts.

Well done on your loss!