Replies

• AmandaV814
    AmandaV814 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! Add me! I love my Apple Watch!
  • Anabirgite
    Anabirgite Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I hope I can join in, I am loving my apple watch but still trying to figure it and MFP out.
  • KatieBaack
    KatieBaack Posts: 97 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Anyone else having problems with MFP double counting calorie burns if you track a walk through the workout app? I'm getting credit for the steps, plus the workout... :-1: Anyone know how to fix it? Plus my status says I burned twice as many calories and twice as much time in MFP.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I just got my Apple Watch today, and I was wondering if anyone knows how to/if it's possible to add exercise manually. I do pole dancing regularly, and I don't wear jewelry during it b/c it could damage the pole or my jewelry. I would sometimes break this rule with my Fitbit, but I will absolutely not be breaking it with my AW. It's just too expensive. Is this possible?
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    I just got my Apple Watch today, and I was wondering if anyone knows how to/if it's possible to add exercise manually. I do pole dancing regularly, and I don't wear jewelry during it b/c it could damage the pole or my jewelry. I would sometimes break this rule with my Fitbit, but I will absolutely not be breaking it with my AW. It's just too expensive. Is this possible?

No it's not.
    You can start an "other" workout which will count minutes and cals for you at the minimum rate of a "brisk walk" and leave the watch to the side and just accept that's what it's going to count. There's no manual add.
    For what it's worth I play roller derby and have been wearing my watch for the last 6 months while skating. Skate parks too with falls and spills. I cover it with a sweat band or cut off sock to avoid scratches but I've yet to damage it through impact. I say this enough I know I'm tempting fate but I bought Apple Care for it because I bought it as a fitness device and am going to wear it.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »

No it's not.
    You can start an "other" workout which will count minutes and cals for you at the minimum rate of a "brisk walk" and leave the watch to the side and just accept that's what it's going to count. There's no manual add.
    For what it's worth I play roller derby and have been wearing my watch for the last 6 months while skating. Skate parks too with falls and spills. I cover it with a sweat band or cut off sock to avoid scratches but I've yet to damage it through impact. I say this enough I know I'm tempting fate but I bought Apple Care for it because I bought it as a fitness device and am going to wear it.

I purchased AC as well, and putting a sweat band over it is a good idea. But it's not necessarily just about avoiding scratches. I don't want to get my wrist stuck while in an invert b/c the watch is stuck between my thigh or knee pit, lol. I'm just imagining trying to wiggle it out and losing my knee pit grip and then having to come out of the move and start all over again. But I'll definitely give the sweat band over the watch a try.
  • jakes2011
    jakes2011 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Is anybody else here having problems with sharing on their AW? I've been sharing for months, but for the past week everybody has had zeros next to their names. I don't think you all have stopped exercising! I've just unpaired/re-paired my watch & now all my shared friends have disappeared! The data was updating on my phone, and now it's showing zeros too. Grrrrrr ... sometimes I hate technology.
  • MelanieCN77
    Options
    Been fine for me. I did have a friend get an AW and it took forever for her to be able to share with anyone, they said the issue was with her Apple ID.
  • Misspinklift
    Misspinklift Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    That's weird. I been exercising.
  • Fit4life226
    Fit4life226 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I don't understand exactly what it is we are sharing? I've had my apple watch for a month now and I'm still trying to understand it....ugh! I do miss my fit bit sometimes though.
  • KatieBaack
    KatieBaack Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I don't understand exactly what it is we are sharing? I've had my apple watch for a month now and I'm still trying to understand it....ugh! I do miss my fit bit sometimes though.

Sharing your activity within the activity app. It's similar to becoming friends through FitBit. You can see when the people you are sharing your activity with complete a workout, hit their goals, earn achievements etc. You can also send them messages to cheer them on and such. It works vice-versa too.

• dondotwinks
    dondotwinks Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    i'm on Apple watch feel free to add.
  • Fit4life226
    Fit4life226 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well I've got an apple watch so anyone can feel welcome to add me
  • jakes2011
    jakes2011 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping that I've fixed my AW problem with sharing - you may get an invite from me if I had your user info before. I lost all my history on the Activity app, but at least I didn't lose my Achievements! Time to get back in the game!
  • MelanieCN77
    Options
    I see you, we're sharing again!
  • NurseKristi81
    NurseKristi81 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I would love for all of u to add me! I am new to this AW world and love competition as I am coming from the Fitbit world!
  • Eddie_64
    Eddie_64 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Would love to join. IM me for info.
  • BmoreKD
    BmoreKD Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey guys my info is ummyaseen08gmail.com and I just joined on here as well. I desperately need the motivation please and thanks
  • sherocks98
    sherocks98 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have got a new AW as well. Looking to add friends for motivation. :)
  • Beverly_212
    Beverly_212 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I also have a Watch. Message me for my ID