Bbws....fetish or preference?

Options
Biggirlondiet
Biggirlondiet Posts: 26 Member
I've always had a hard time trying to understand why being attracted to a bigger woman is classified as a fetish rather than a preference. For example blonde vs brunette is based on preference, so why is big vs thin a fetish?....i have a few ideas why, but your thoughts?

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    Why? You like big women? That's nothing to be ashamed of.

HAHA! Nooo...I am one. Lol I'm just not comfortable being in the same category as feet! Lol

That's funny.

I never thought of it as a fetish but more a preference. I guess I need to get out more
  • Biggirlondiet
    Options
    Maybe it's where I'm from, but it seems like it's almost taboo and I'm just thinking to myself why!? Obviously being healthy and fit is ideal, but big girls are beautiful too!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    Options
    I have been with both types of men, those who choose big and those who fetishize. I find the fetishers kinda weird. They wanted to do weird stuff to my belly. I had one who rubbed his face all over it and worshipped it.

Most of the guys I have been with just genuinely prefer big women.
  • Biggirlondiet
    Options
    Very good point...I feel like sometimes you can just spot the fetishers a mile away, which is great for my workouts so I have the motivation to run another mile away! Haha
  • Biggirlondiet
    Options
    How big are you OP?

I have about 100 to lose....I lost 26 before I started MFP, and 33 to date.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    How big are you OP?

way to go!!!

Sorry you have to deal with men like this but hey if they provide motivation for working out great!
  • nitromaniac
    nitromaniac Posts: 2,479 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's where I'm from, but it seems like it's almost taboo and I'm just thinking to myself why!? Obviously being healthy and fit is ideal, but big girls are beautiful too!

I don't view it as taboo. I have met bigger women who, in my opinion, are sexier than skinny women because of their confidence. If a woman is confident in herself and her sexuality, that is more of a turn on than being skinny, but that is just my opinion.
  • Angela937
    Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Guy I talked to said he prefers it bc it gives him something to grab while doing the dirty deed!
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I don't have a body type preference, I just have a personality preference. However I understand, how it might be a fetish; due to this comment:
    I had one who rubbed his face all over it and worshipped it.

• Biggirlondiet
    Options

I don't view it as taboo. I have met bigger women who, in my opinion, are sexier than skinny women because of their confidence. If a woman is confident in herself and her sexuality, that is more of a turn on than being skinny, but that is just my opinion.

Absolutely. Confidence is key no matter what.
  • Biggirlondiet
    Options
    How big are you OP?

That's not bad, sounds like you're on a nice path to meet your goals. Pretty soon, if not already, you won't have to worry about the difference between attraction and fetish.

That's the plan!
  • edup1975
    edup1975 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Preference. Big girls need love too
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what you're asking is: Is there a subset of men who honestly prefer overweight women to fall in love with and to take seriously and commit to? Or am I, as an overweight woman, generally going to be regarded as fodder for a cheap, secretive, perverse hobby known as a fetish? Will I be loved or will I be fetishized and be the last to know which one it really is?

Read my comment above! You'll know, if it's a fetish or preference!