Nothing working, close to despair

Options
123457»

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

It's boring but I don't mind too much. The macros make it fairly high fat (40%) but that's the olive oil. 30 protein, 30 carbs.

I add apple and sometimes almond butter for snack and drink coffee with cream and sometimes a glass of wine but that doesn't put me over.

I am 5' 2.5" 131 lbs. so yes, healthy weight; it's for sure vanity driving this. But I am Apple shape so no clothes fit.

I am not tired or light headed.

If you are truly eating around 1000-1200 you *should* be dropping a little each week with your added workouts but you are considered healthy by BMI. Macros are fine within your caloric ranges so nothing to change there.

xv37d9vtay44.png

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    It should be mentioned that with your petite frame and already being closer to the ideal weight range, there are less margins for losses. So if you are wondering why many are drop 2-4 pounds in a week it is because it is easier and more apparent if you have a lot to lose.

Sounds like you are doing all the right things to stay healthy.
  • jolive7
    jolive7 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Just came back to this thread and now I really want a donut
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    jolive7 wrote: »

Boston Cream? :)
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    Only 36% of the american population is overweight, only 6.3% are obese. That's not even close to a majority, so I don't think you can say the entire culture is the devil here.

I'm sure the CDC would love this but not the case:

•Percent of adults age 20 years and over with obesity: 37.9% (2013-2014)
    •Percent of adults age 20 years and over with overweight, including obesity: 70.7% (2013-2014)

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/obesity-overweight.htm

Funny, it seems even the CDC can't get their numbers narrowed down

"More than one-third (36.5%) of U.S. adults have obesity. [Read CDC National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) data brief PDF-704KB]"

"Non-Hispanic blacks have the highest age-adjusted rates of obesity (48.1%) followed by Hispanics (42.5%), non-Hispanic whites (34.5%), and non-Hispanic Asians (11.7%). Obesity is higher among middle age adults age 40-59 years (40.2%) and older adults age 60 and over (37.0%) than among younger adults age 20–39 (32.3%)."

http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/adult.html

Not that you're wrong, I obviously misspoke.

I'm sure it's just a difference in what time period is being looked at.

Here is something on childhood obesity.

http://time.com/4306369/childhood-obesity-rates/

From the article
    Recent reports have hinted that childhood obesity is beginning to improve in some U.S. cities, at least for the youngest kids who are preschool age. But for the entire population of children ages two to 19 years, the prevalence of overweight and obesity continue to climb, as they have been since 1999.

• jolive7
    jolive7 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    jolive7 wrote: »

Boston Cream? :)

I don't even know what that is haha (Australian) but never go past a Nutella donut !!