Diet Destroyers!

Options

Replies

• missy_girl001
    missy_girl001 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Red thai curry with jasmine rice. 1 bowl is never enough ... my tongue says yes while my very full stomach screams no ... and my tongue almost always wins!
  • islander029
    islander029 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    icecream! any kind, any flavor!!
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Nuts! I have no self control. I can't even keep healthy nuts(almonds, walnuts) in the house. Also, candy in any portion except a little bit. Typically, if my dh and I have a "sweet tooth" we'll buy candy from the bulk section at Sprouts so we are able to buy a SMALL amount. I still have sweets, but, in very small portions. I will buy a PIECE of cake, not a whole cake, same with ice cream...pint, not half gallon, etc.
  • kaykaylyn
    kaykaylyn Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    CE CREAM, without a doubt!!! Every day I have to tell myself not to bring a 1/2 gallon into the house. Or not to go to BK to buy a 50 cents soft serve cone. There are days that I give in to the soft serve. The only kind of good thing is that I have a hard time eating all my calories, so even with the cone I'm still under.
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    Tootsie rolls...I could eat 5x my weight in them and still want more...o.O thank God I don't go to Planet Fitness...
  • _useyourwords_
    Options
    My biggest weaknesses are Chinese food and In-N-Out burgers. I mostly avoid them, but indulge about twice a month. It helps me. :)
  • Project9
    Project9 Posts: 135
    Options
    What are yours? The foods that you can't just eat a correct portion size of even if you try really hard?

Mine are a fresh, hot loaf of bread....pasta.....potato chips....and French fries (the burger that come with is good too :).....obviously BAD carbs!

Is it better just to abstain from foods that you lose willpower around, even though its necessary to treat yourself sometimes? Opinions?

Triscuits and restaurants. Do not eat in a restaurant unless you've already checked the food out for calories, sodium ect.
    Seriously, one wrong dish can totally blast you into extra calorie zone. restaurants load up on salt and fat, that's why they taste so good.
  • kayemmgee5
    kayemmgee5 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My husband and I were just talking about this! Mine are: Pizza, breakfast burritos, and ice cream.

I have to agree with Project9 here, too. Eating in restaurants is SOOOO difficult for me because I like to watch my sodium and it seems as though restaurants just flavor their food with salt! Applebee's, Buffalo Wild Wings, even Subway...they're all really high in sodium.
  • WaylonGuitar
    WaylonGuitar Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My diet destroyer is too much cardio.

^^^This is me.

I've got really good self control when I'm feeling well and rested. But ,in the past, I'll want big numbers to show on the scale and 4 days into a diet I'll start doing 2.5hr power-walks and go home shaking because I'm starving so bad and "reward myself" with 2 cheeseburgers which equal 1200 cals, even though I only burned off 790 cals. Eventually it catches up with you.

Then, at the end of the week you are standing on the scale and nothing has changed and I say.. "What the hell is the use of all this work? I walked 21 hours this week and I'm no better off!!.. Next thing I know. I'm off the diet and not doing ANYTHING. I mean, I'd have been better off to not do ANY cardio and stay home and adhere 100% to the numbers.

Sadly, I understand the math of energy and calories. I KNOW this stuff. But still catch myself trying to find loop holes.

It's something I'm changing this time around. For me, It's better to walk 25 minutes 4 times a week and be stern and solid about it and concentrate on 100% adherence to the numbers instead of thinking a big crazy manic walk is gonna fix lazy journaling.
  • angieochoa1201
    Options
    My diet destroyer is too much cardio.

^^^This is me.

I've got really good self control when I'm feeling well and rested. But ,in the past, I'll want big numbers to show on the scale and 4 days into a diet I'll start doing 2.5hr power-walks and go home shaking because I'm starving so bad and "reward myself" with 2 cheeseburgers which equal 1200 cals, even though I only burned off 790 cals. Eventually it catches up with you.

Then, at the end of the week you are standing on the scale and nothing has changed and I say.. "What the hell is the use of all this work? I walked 21 hours this week and I'm no better off!!.. Next thing I know. I'm off the diet and not doing ANYTHING. I mean, I'd have been better off to not do ANY cardio and stay home and adhere 100% to the numbers.

Sadly, I understand the math of energy and calories. I KNOW this stuff. But still catch myself trying to find loop holes.

It's something I'm changing this time around. For me, It's better to walk 25 minutes 4 times a week and be stern and solid about it and concentrate on 100% adherence to the numbers instead of thinking a big crazy manic walk is gonna fix lazy journaling.

Try not excersizing!

Yes it sounds a tiny bit crazy. For the first month of your "diet" try to focus only on calorie goal and after a 30 day stretch add excersize. It seemed to work better for me. Now my body has adjusted to the caloric deficit and I dont feel the need to replace the cal.s I burn
  • DCruz83
    DCruz83 Posts: 99
    Options
    Any kind of cake... especially cupcakes and donuts... they're like a drug for me, once I have a taste I crave more! Last time I went to Tim Hortons I bought a box of Timbits and figured it wouldn't be so bad... it's roughly 70 calories EACH... I think I ate half the box, so about 20 of them... and then ate the rest the next day! But through lots of working out, it didn't really threw me off but definitely not something I should be doing!
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Popcorn. I don't keep it around anymore.
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Cake, cupcakes. Oy.
  • hproskie
    hproskie Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Definitely wine! One glass leads to two, then maybe a third, and then it seems like a REALLY good idea to eat anything I can get my hands on! If Cheez-Its are involved, all bets are off! It's easier for me to not have that first glass to begin with, and to not keep any booze at home!
  • corrsfan
    corrsfan Posts: 26
    Options
    What are yours? The foods that you can't just eat a correct portion size of even if you try really hard?

Mine are a fresh, hot loaf of bread....pasta.....potato chips....and French fries (the burger that come with is good too :).....obviously BAD carbs!

Is it better just to abstain from foods that you lose willpower around, even though its necessary to treat yourself sometimes? Opinions?

Oy. A carb is a carb. Your carbs aren't bad unless they are bullying the other carbs or something.

7396232.png

Literally laughing out loud at this...carbs bullying other carbs...that's awesome.

For me it's chips (french fries) and Red Velvet cake with cream cheese icing. So that's what I have every Sunday for lunch and supper respectively. It's ridiculous how excited I am every Satuday night in anticipation...

Oh and POD to the person who said McVities Chocolate Digestive biscuits. Absolutely delicious and I definitely can't bring myself to stop at 1. Or 2. Or possibly 6. Can't have them in the house ever. Same for potatoes cause I can get them from raw to perfect chips in 12 minutes flat.
  • saeede83
    saeede83 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    mine are carbs and sugar. Particularly I seem not get enough of rice, peanut butter cups or almond cookies.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Doritos. A serving size is a bag. Regardless of the size of the bag. The only way I can eat a proper amount at once is to buy single serving sized bags.
  • imhungry2012
    imhungry2012 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    CERAL any kind...have you ever weighed out a legit portion of cereal???!!! Are you kidding me, that's it? I firmly believe that they should only solicit there being 3 servings in a box to make it easier for me to log :drinker:
  • angelac1296
    angelac1296 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have a few things I can't control how much of it I eat yet, so I only have it when I go out. If I don't bring it home from the store, I don't binge on it.
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I can eat an entire try of Stouffer's meat lasagna and not even miss a beat stabbing someone with my fork if they try to steal a bite.