Weird Food Combinations - What are your favourites?

Options

Replies

• beaky1980
    beaky1980 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Kraft Mac and cheese made with some cream cheese then ketchup mixed in.
    I also used to make the Mac and cheese normally but mix in ketchup, hotdogs and cottage cheese.
    Cottage cheese with sriracha and dried minced onions on top.
    My husband likes his cottage cheese with beet pickles and Graham crackers.
    I will only eat fries when I can mix mayo and ketchup for dipping.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    My dad used to make peanut butter and Velveeta sandwiches...don't knock it until you try it!
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti with ranch. My dad looks at me like I committed some horrible crime.
  • helenbenzie75
    helenbenzie75 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and cucumber :smile:
    Marmite and peanut butter :smile:
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    liquor and Greek yogurt
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid my grandma's after school snack for us kids was to spread PB on a slice of baloney and roll it up. I still will eat those for an on the run snack.

And I think I may be trying a whole bunch of these ideas this weekend. Some of them sound really good!
  • mom2colbyj
    mom2colbyj Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    mdonsbach wrote: »
    Some people seem to think I'm odd to eat a peanut butter sandwich with my chili.

I make PB and honey sandwiches and dip them in my chili. Sooooooo good.
  • daisygirl2017
    daisygirl2017 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I put ketchup in chili and everyone thinks I'm gross
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I personally am a fan of:
    • Carrot sticks with mustard for dipping
    • Dry Curd Cottage Cheese mixed with Canned Tuna and a small amount of olive oil
    • Half-Loaf, which is what I call meatloaf made with 50% vegetables by weight, served in slices and wrapped in lettuce
    • Rosemary and Eggs: sounds weird, but OMG I started doing this recently and it is amazing

None of that really sounds weird, to me. Maybe the half-loaf, just because I'm not sure how it'd turn out.

As for me: radishes in vanilla ice cream.
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I've always thought that cottage cheese looks like someone blew chunks but I digress ...

Carrot sticks with peanut butter
    jalapeno potato chips with sharp cheddar dipped in a grilled scallion mustard
    kettle cooked chips lightly salted dipped into peanut butter or nutella (or both)
    chocolate covered frozen grapes
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I put ketchup on EVERYTHING, broccoli, stir fry veggies, mac & cheese, pizza
    Avocado & jelly on toast
    egg whites topped with cottage cheese
    baked carrots with sugar free maple syrup
  • hillaryjess
    hillaryjess Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »

And my more recent discovery:
    Twinkie dogs
    :o How no one has commented on this yet is beyond me. Now I'm extremely curious how this was discovered! It's almost like the perfect bridge from summer BBQ season to basic white girl bring on the pumpkin everything!! Also, do you put any condiments on this? Essentially, my brain has exploded.

• Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options

Twinkie dogs
    :o How no one has commented on this yet is beyond me. Now I'm extremely curious how this was discovered! It's almost like the perfect bridge from summer BBQ season to basic white girl bring on the pumpkin everything!! Also, do you put any condiments on this? Essentially, my brain has exploded.

Shhhh... no commenting means we're trying to purge it from our brains.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, sweet potato, pulled pork and hot sauce - add a poached egg if there are the cals for it (I usually don't have them)

Blue cheese and anchovies on either a plain English muffin, a pizza crust, or bland-ish cracker. Toast that sucker and let the anchovy oil fry the edges of the cheese bits.
  • ds41980
    ds41980 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Baked sweet potato with butter and garlic salt and a can of albacore tuna. Don't knock it till you try it!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options

Twinkie dogs

No ketchup or mustard! I haven't tried adding these, I'll admit, so I guess I could be wrong but I'm not THAT adventurous. I tried it plain but I could very easily see a pumpkin or caramel glaze pairing well, or even maple sausage with the pumpkin. It's like chicken & waffles, but better because it's so much easier to make, just 20 seconds in the microwave for the hot dog and you're done! Also surprisingly not too many calories either; my oscar meyer wiener had 90 calories plus 130 in the twinkie = 220 calories spent well.
  • hillaryjess
    Options

Twinkie dogs

Shhhh... no commenting means we're trying to purge it from our brains.

hahahaha sorry!
  • hillaryjess
    Options

Twinkie dogs

No ketchup or mustard! I haven't tried adding these, I'll admit, so I guess I could be wrong but I'm not THAT adventurous. I tried it plain but I could very easily see a pumpkin or caramel glaze pairing well, or even maple sausage with the pumpkin. It's like chicken & waffles, but better because it's so much easier to make, just 20 seconds in the microwave for the hot dog and you're done! Also surprisingly not too many calories either; my oscar meyer wiener had 90 calories plus 130 in the twinkie = 220 calories spent well.

Neither one of these things tend to end up in my stock, but I'm just so curious now!
    And right on with the chicken and waffles. A-Mazing!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I don't eat these much any more, but they've always been some of my favorites...

Peanut butter, bacon and banana sandwich
    Avocado mashed up with unsweetened cocoa powder and honey.
    Salted peanuts in coke (this was big back in the day)
    Cream cheese or ricotta spread on prunes or dried apricots
    Roast beef sandwich with raspberry jam or cranberry sauce as the condiment
    Bacon in oatmeal, cream of wheat, wheat hearts, or any hot cereal
    Potato mashed up with steamed broccoli
    Raisins, nuts and/or seeds added to hot soups and stews

I also like to load my fork with a little bit of everything on my plate, so I usually wind up with weird bites of food.