Weird Food Combinations - What are your favourites?

Options

Replies

• bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and jelly with lays potato chips stuffed inside.

White bread with miracle whip, American cheese and slices of dill pickles.

When I was pregnant I would dip thick slabs of sharp cheddar cheese into yellow mustard.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Roast beef deli slices, with a thin layer of cream cheese, rolled around a gherkin (sweet pickle). My family has them at Thanksgiving and Christmas every year. One of the 'dinners not ready yet' munchies.

My dad, on the other hand, is the weirdo: dill pickle, peanut butter, and onion on rye bread sandwich. lol
  • Veronicathielen
    Options
    Sweet potato and peanut butter or pb2
  • somegirlsdo
    somegirlsdo Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and olive sandwiches!

That actually sounds really good
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate and sharp cheddar cheese.

Malt vinegar on burgers, pizza, or anything, really.

And my more recent discovery:
    Twinkie dogs ti39vp3u36a5.jpg
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Bleh, guess I'm not into weird food combinations. I think PB-banana is weird. LOL
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Sweet and sour pickles dipped in peanut butter.

Fries dipped in a mixture of tomato sauce and mayo.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Suddenly mine don't seem so weird anymore...! ;) I don't eat most of these now because of the calories, though.

Peanut butter and bacon on a burger (I have this sometimes)
    Peanut butter and onion sandwiches
    Banana and honey sandwiches (I used to buy these for lunch at a sandwich shop in London, and they always looked at me strangely when I asked for it!)
    Chips (fries) in a sandwich
    Crisps (chips!) in a sandwich

I'm seeing a pattern here... ;)

One thing I do eat sometimes as a treat is a regular white dinner roll, split and with strawberry jam and Cool Whip on each half. The taste reminds me of the cream buns I used to buy in the UK, which I loved.

A friend of mine used to eat cheese and jam sandwiches, said she liked the 'sweet and sour' kind of feel to it. I did try it, reluctantly, but it wasn't for me! Hubby will eat peanut butter and Marmite sandwiches. *shudder*
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I'm liking the sound of a few of these combos ! I don't really have any weird ones.

My partner tried Marmite ( NZ Marmite) and raspberry jam on an English muffin and he said it was quite good.
  • SueSueDio
    Options
    Roast beef and peanut butter roll ups
    Steamed cabbage and cocoa powder
    Cauliflower and BBQ sauce or ketchup
    Milk toast
    Raspberries and goat cheese
    Grilled chicken and maple syrup

I've heard that cauliflower dipped in BBQ sauce tastes like chicken nuggets, but I have no idea if that's true! The last two combos sound very tasty, and I really want to know what "milk toast" is now. Cabbage and cocoa powder, though? Not sure about that one, that does sound weird to me! :)
  • sambil
    sambil Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with wild blueberries, a teaspoon of cocoa, a packet of sweetner, and some cheerios - chocolate, salty and crunchy - delish!
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    Suddenly mine don't seem so weird anymore...! ;) I don't eat most of these now because of the calories, though.

Peanut butter and bacon on a burger (I have this sometimes)
    Peanut butter and onion sandwiches
    Banana and honey sandwiches (I used to buy these for lunch at a sandwich shop in London, and they always looked at me strangely when I asked for it!)
    Chips (fries) in a sandwich
    Crisps (chips!) in a sandwich

I'm seeing a pattern here... ;)

One thing I do eat sometimes as a treat is a regular white dinner roll, split and with strawberry jam and Cool Whip on each half. The taste reminds me of the cream buns I used to buy in the UK, which I loved.

A friend of mine used to eat cheese and jam sandwiches, said she liked the 'sweet and sour' kind of feel to it. I did try it, reluctantly, but it wasn't for me! Hubby will eat peanut butter and Marmite sandwiches. *shudder*

There's a burger joint near me that makes those. Hehe

3sk5oxgyk99q.png
  • SueSueDio
    Options
    I wasn't sure about the combination at first (I read about it on another thread here), but it's really good! I had a bit of mayo on the bottom bun, and then the PB and bacon on top. Yum!
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    salami + cream cheese + pepperoncini
    any salty + sweet combo possible
    peanut butter +pickle

ice in wine... my italian immigrant family members shutter everytime

edit- i am VERY partial to temperatures. Cant drink anything unless its either ice cold or scolding hot. Even the worst hangover wouldnt allow me to drink warm water.
  • allyssabebe
    allyssabebe Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Potato wedges and dill pickles! I also put honey mustard on just about everything.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Russandol wrote: »
    Gingerbread (the Nordic kind) with blue cheese and fig jam. But only as a very occasional treat because it's OMGALLTHECALORIES.
    Russian pickles with smetana and honey.

Sounds good - will be giving this a go at Christmas!!!!

• Russandol
    Russandol Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Russandol wrote: »
    Gingerbread (the Nordic kind) with blue cheese and fig jam. But only as a very occasional treat because it's OMGALLTHECALORIES.
    Russian pickles with smetana and honey.

Sounds good - will be giving this a go at Christmas!!!!

Be careful, it's very moreish. ;)
  • BeastField
    BeastField Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and banana pepper sandwich with a little hot sauce thrown in for good measure.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Just remembered that there was a pub I used to go to for lunch at the last place I worked where, in the summer, they did fresh strawberries with cracked black pepper - the pepper really brought the sweetness of the berries out.

Another place used to do brown bread flavoured ice cream - OK but not great.