Weight watchers countless times
    Doctor supervised phen-fen
    Nutrisystem
    Jenny Craig
    Medifast
    Hypnosis
    Gym memberships
    Bicycle
    Treadmill Weights & weight bench (long donated)
    Lots of shoes & active wear
    Private Pilates classes
    Personal trainers
    Fitbits (lost 2 this year!)
    Aria scale
    And the list goes on...

Very glad to have MFP this time around - 87 lbs and counting!! Still paying $$ for personal training and the gym but that's worth it until I can trust myself to work out on my own.

That is a VERY impressive list! I was waiting for a Weight Watcher to chime in. I can understand the group sessions and that probably helps (not wanting to let other people down) but they're literally buying food because it has points on it! (I think).

87lbs is AH-MAY-ZING.
  • Alarae21
    Alarae21 Posts: 171 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Since January this year (when I started) I have probably sunk close to £1000.

- Gym membership @ £36.10 a month.
    - Gym clothes - approximately £300
    - New smaller work/casual clothes - approximately £450 (I spent about £120 on bras and underwear!)

Ugh. I don't want to think about it. When I see gym clothes I'm like "take my credit card and leave..."

I am down 42 pounds though and the smallest I have ever been in my adult life, so it is worth every penny!
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    akf2000 wrote: »

That is a VERY impressive list! I was waiting for a Weight Watcher to chime in. I can understand the group sessions and that probably helps (not wanting to let other people down) but they're literally buying food because it has points on it! (I think).
    Not how weight watchers works. Every food has points. It's an alternative (and proprietary!) way of counting. Compared to the ease and cheapness of counting calories, the system seems flawed to me. But I did it a long time ago. It worked. I learned things. And I only regained the weight because I had more babies.
  • momofamadhouse
    momofamadhouse Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I spent $3 on a body weight scale at GW and already had a food scale that I have used for years for baking bread. I've finally admitted albeit reluctantly that it's time for new clothes. I cleaned out my closet and have nothing left that fits me. What's rather sad is that most of those clothes worn to death because I HATED shopping for clothes, so I can't even resell them!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Honestly... less than medical bills and what I've been saving not buying anywhere as much junk.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,300 Member
    Options
    planet fitness membership... $20 a month.. worth every penny.
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 357 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Oh man.... fitness class studio membership.... personal trainer... sneakers... socks.. fitbit charge HR ... iPod... music for iPod.. george foreman grill .... quest bars... ninja... vegetti ... barre classes ... boot camp sessions ... chicken ... foam roller ... chicken... more chicken... spices and seasonings ... six pack prep meal bag ... 5k race fees .... running belt ... crutches... MRI bill ... mrs dash seasonings ... a whole lot of new lulu .... new jeans, new jackets, new pajamas, new bras, new wardrobe after losing weight and having nothing that fits ... plastic meal prep containers ... fitbit blaze ... more chicken ... pb2 ... more sneakers .. sports bras... protein powders ... cute gym bag ... fitbit aria scale ... epsom salts ... chicken...

I thought being healthy was supposed to save a gazillion dollars! Literally all my money goes to chicken.