Who should text first after a hookup?

13»

Replies

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    I thought hooking up was the wild west of dating. You are already operating outside of societal "rules," why are you asking for rules for unruliness?

That's like someone on a diet going to Wendy's and asking what the rules are for adding ketchup to their bacon cheddar fries.

You willing to give up the diamonds and you are scared to make a text?

Whooo, Dave Chappel was right. The stock price of vagina has really tumbled over the years.

Great analogy!
  • merryward13
    merryward13 Posts: 1,662 Member
    I know not sure understand the issue.... It was a hook up... Like you literally met up for *kitten*. Why are you worried about who should text first? What are you going to text him about if you did text him? "Hey, just wondering if you had a good time?"
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    There are no rules. If you are interested go ahead and contact him.
    My mom was the first to make contact. And it took a few times but now they have been together for 27 years. And my dad has said if it wasn't for her contacting they would not be together.
    Who knows maybe he just needs that push.

Though that first hook up resulted in me. Hope that won't be the reason you guys push to see if there's anything between you guys.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Rottified wrote: »
    There are no rules. If you are interested go ahead and contact him.
    My mom was the first to make contact. And it took a few times but now they have been together for 27 years. And my dad has said if it wasn't for her contacting they would not be together.
    Who knows maybe he just needs that push.

Though that first hook up resulted in me. Hope that won't be the reason you guys push to see if there's anything between you guys.

Feel like:
    avlc7ogjyrd4.jpg

• If it's just a hookup, why would she even have your number?
  • pbandwine
    pbandwine Posts: 1,236 Member
    Whoever came first.
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    If you want to text him do it. If you don't, don't. Life's too short to play games. Whether you text first or he does you'll know shortly if someone isn't interested.

Nice to see an adult in the thread. Thumbs up.
  • johnnylloyd0618
    johnnylloyd0618 Posts: 303 Member
    @_birdy_ Yes Ma'am, I would leave a voicemail. If they didn't return my call...move on. What is a text? Nothing more than a voicemail without speaking. Me personally would like to hear their voice if I was interested...
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    You should get a 3rd party to text for both parties involved.