Post anything you want (as long as it follows MFP guidelines)

Options

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    dc6088 wrote: »
    nolan44219 wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    synchkat wrote: »
    Got my first hate email today. Naturally I responded in the completely mature and rational manner that I am known so well for.

From here? Why is someone hating on you?

Because I expressed an opinion that differed from theirs.
    From the food and nutrition board

Did you insult a vegan?

No. I added my very sensible and not at all snarky opinion to a thread about healthy pop tarts.

What are these healthy Pop tarts that has been spoken of?! I must find them! Is this something new?

No it was a thread started by a woman who was appalled that her sons teacher didn't consider his pop tarts a healthy snack at school so he wasn't allowed to bring them. In food and nutrition board.

And this woman is here, on MFP? That's hilarious, I need to find that thread and read it. Can't wait to find out her reasons to believe that pop tarts are healthy. I consider the cream puffs to be the best diet supplement so she definetely got it all wrong

It was this whole long thing about there are no unhealthy foods. She wasn't arguing that the pop tart wasn't the best choice. She was angry that someone called her out on it.

That's the point that boggled my mind. The there are no unhealthy foods.
    I send my child crap in his snack but he rarely eats it and he is one of the world's pickiest eaters and needs to out weight on. but I know fruit roll ups aren't healthy and if never pretend They are. People are crazy
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    'There are no unhealthy foods' belief is not something I would not accept for myself. It's her choice, but I found it ridiculous that she is on MFP, seems like a wrong site for a pop-tarts advocate. And, the opposing the teacher trying to teach the healthy food choices.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options
    Got my first hate email today. Naturally I responded in the completely mature and rational manner that I am known so well for.

Did you insult a vegan?

No. I added my very sensible and not at all snarky opinion to a thread about healthy pop tarts.

What are these healthy Pop tarts that has been spoken of?! I must find them! Is this something new?

No it was a thread started by a woman who was appalled that her sons teacher didn't consider his pop tarts a healthy snack at school so he wasn't allowed to bring them. In food and nutrition board.

And this woman is here, on MFP? That's hilarious, I need to find that thread and read it. Can't wait to find out her reasons to believe that pop tarts are healthy. I consider the cream puffs to be the best diet supplement so she definetely got it all wrong

It was this whole long thing about there are no unhealthy foods. She wasn't arguing that the pop tart wasn't the best choice. She was angry that someone called her out on it.

I would be honored to eat your pop tart.

I'm more of a toaster strudel kinda gal

that's pretty high falutin but yeah, count me in!
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    'There are no unhealthy foods' belief is not something I would not accept for myself. It's her choice but I found it ridiculous that she is on MFP, seems like a wrong site for a pop-tarts advocate. And, the opposing the teacher trying to teach the healthy food choices.

If mfp has taught me anything it is that everything is acceptable in moderation. But if that's the best you can defend a pop tart with, just effing send in a different snack!

It's easy to get those baby carrots and shove some in a bag or container.
    It's the age of entitlement.
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    She could feed her family whatever she chooses, decline vaccinations or medicine for her children (I am all for natural selection in her case). Creating a thread in Food and Nutrition on MFP to complain about poptarts is like an oxymoron
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    'There are no unhealthy foods' belief is not something I would not accept for myself. It's her choice but I found it ridiculous that she is on MFP, seems like a wrong site for a pop-tarts advocate. And, the opposing the teacher trying to teach the healthy food choices.

If mfp has taught me anything it is that everything is acceptable in moderation. But if that's the best you can defend a pop tart with, just effing send in a different snack!

Well there is no healthy or unhealthy so instead of a bottle of water in the kids lunches, I send flasks of whiskey. They're so much easier to control when they get home that way

will you be my mom? or at least pack my lunch? I'm easy to control after a flask of whiskey. Make it bourbon please. Jim Beam will do if we are on a budget.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Did you insult a vegan?

I would be honored to eat your pop tart.

I'm more of a toaster strudel kinda gal

I ate two for breakfast yesterday morning... boston creme and strawberry.. I am a sinner.
  • nolan44219
    Options

Well there is no healthy or unhealthy so instead of a bottle of water in the kids lunches, I send flasks of whiskey. They're so much easier to control when they get home that way

will you be my mom? or at least pack my lunch? I'm easy to control after a flask of whiskey. Make it bourbon please. Jim Beam will do if we are on a budget.

Of course!

But I don't deliver, you'll have to come pick it up. And don't expect me to be wearing a bra either

LOL I consider that a win win! Both are my wins
  • nolan44219
    Options

Of course!

But I don't deliver, you'll have to come pick it up. And don't expect me to be wearing a bra either

LOL I consider that a win win! Both are my wins

Until you get here and realize that mama doesn't look like a human until it's time to post a selfie

I call *kitten* on this part! :lol:

This discussion has been closed.