Options
15678911»

Replies

• Coffeebeenz
    Coffeebeenz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    klkarlen wrote: »
    If anyone has any ideas/suggestions..

I attend this horror flick get together each year around Halloween. We each randomly pick a horror genre & have a year to select a good example of that movie, then we drink and show our picks & vote on em & stuff (I'm a serious horror buff). So I've never won, the closest I've come is 2nd one year when I showed Night of the Creeps for the "B-Movie" category. This year I have "Vampires." I'm thinking of showing Stakeland-- but idk. I think my competition might prefer Near Dark. I'm the one in the group who likes dark/artsy/twisted/scenic stuff, so I never consider my audience enough. Can't show Let the Right One In (dammit!) cuz it was shown another year in a different category. Also, because they've all seen it, Afflicted & 30 Days of Night are outta the running. Okay, sorry, long-winded. My question is:

Any good Vampire hidden gems out there?

Can you use a mini-series? It's an oldie, but Salem's Lot might be a contender:

http://horrorfreaknews.com/salems-lot-1979-review

ETA - there is a movie version made from the mini-series.

Rats! How'd I miss this? Well thank you for the suggestion, anyhow. My fault!
  • Coffeebeenz
    Coffeebeenz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Coffeebeenz, we watched The Resolution the other day. Thanks for the recommendation, I really liked it! I was still thinking about it when I went to bed that night and only good movies do that to me. The guy who played Chris put in a great performance and I really enjoyed the dialogue; it was very organic, just like the kinds of things a couple of guys would talk about in the way that they would talk about those things. The ending, in particular, was phenomenal, especially after making me wonder how the hell they were going to get any kind of closure. Husband had some trouble getting ahold of a copy but it was worth the search. I will definitely be recommending to others in the future. Gratz on your movie victory too!

Ugh I know Resolution was so unique, wasn't it!? Like Cabin in the Woods' smarter older sister lol. :p Glad you liked it!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    did i already post Dark Skies inn here?

ok so Dark Skies watch it
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    Anything with new Meg Ryan in it

article-2347831-1A6B7F7C000005DC-233_634x586.jpg

Did you know that if you scramble the letters around that Meg Ryan can also spell: Germany ?

.... these things are important to me.
  • Joanne1568
    Joanne1568 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The crooked man... omen...the original Amityville horror...the decent...
  • fitbisi
    fitbisi Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It has to be The Exorcist (the original classic version) hands down!!!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    fitbisi wrote: »
    It has to be The Exorcist (the original classic version) hands down!!!

Same here. I wanted to see this and my Mom absolutely said no! I didn't watch this until years later in college. Called Mom the next morning and thanked her. That movie still scares the bejeezus out of me.
  • maeld51
    maeld51 Posts: 3,415 Member
    Options
    I already posted mine way back (Alien) but as I sit here watching this show now I must admit that it can be horrifying, creepy and gross.
    Monsters Inside Me