Gaining on 1400 kcals

Options

Replies

• Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    babydull wrote: »
    It's a valid concern.
    It's not a valid concern to the OP who is both a healthy BMI and not looking to lose - but to maintain her current healthy weight.

That's not true, she's trying to lose 6-7 more pounds, not maintain.

All the op has said is that she gained 3kg and wants to lose it. That's not the same as losing lots of weight to the point of being emaciated or whatever.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    It's a valid concern.
    It's not a valid concern to the OP who is both a healthy BMI and not looking to lose - but to maintain her current healthy weight.

All the op has said is that she gained 3kg and wants to lose it. That's not the same as losing lots of weight to the point of being emaciated or whatever.

Yes this is correct.. :) Yeah finally.. :)

OP wanted to stop gaining weight and simply lose these pounds she put on and try to understand what was happening with her.

Very logical and basic question for someone not experienced. It was acknowledged the logging of things needed correcting and a few other things.

I have watched this thread evolve from one extreme to the other.. pretty amazing..
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    It's a valid concern.

OP wanted to stop gaining weight and simply lose these pounds she put on and try to understand what was happening with her.

Very logical and basic question for someone not experienced. It was acknowledged the logging of things needed correcting and a few other things.

I have watched this thread evolve from one extreme to the other.. pretty amazing..

Halleluah!
    I don't understand why people cannot just read the OP's posts! This thread is driving me insane!

• RoxieDawn
    Options
    It's a valid concern.

Halleluah!
    I don't understand why people cannot just read the OP's posts! This thread is driving me insane!

Me too. Really whacked and it was taking on a life of its own! LOL :)
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    It's a valid concern.

So you believe that some sort of dysmorphia is not a possibility? On what basis are you ruling that out? I agree accusing the OP of anorexia is taking it too far, but there are some signs of dysmoprhia here that I think some readers have picked up on and commented towards and I'm not sure that is a bad thing. 108 pounds, can see abdominal muscles as a woman at her current weight, wants to lose weight (yes I understand its the 7 pounds she recently gained but she stated she could currently see her abdominal muscles which means that is AFTER the 7 pound gain...that means that after adding almost 8% to her bodyweight she still had abdominal definition). I don't think its a stretch to think she may have been underweight and to question if advising on how to lose that weight is really the most appropriate thing to do.

You Roxie appear to be in fantastic shape. Do you have abdominal definition? If you do or did would you want to drop an additional 8% of your bodyweight? Do you think that is realistic or sustainable?

I think I'm going to stay out of it but I do get why some are responding that way.
  • RoxieDawn
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    It's a valid concern.

So you believe that some sort of dysmorphia is not a possibility? On what basis are you ruling that out? I agree accusing the OP of anorexia is taking it too far, but there are some signs of dysmoprhia here that I think some readers have picked up on and commented towards and I'm not sure that is a bad thing. 108 pounds, can see abdominal muscles as a woman at her current weight, wants to lose weight (yes I understand its the 7 pounds she recently gained but she stated she could currently see her abdominal muscles which means that is AFTER the 7 pound gain...that means that after adding almost 8% to her bodyweight she still had abdominal definition). I don't think its a stretch to think she may have been underweight and to question if advising on how to lose that weight is really the most appropriate thing to do.

You Roxie appear to be in fantastic shape. Do you have abdominal definition? If you do or did would you want to drop an additional 8% of your bodyweight? Do you think that is realistic or sustainable?

I think I'm going to stay out of it but I do get why some are responding that way.

I have said nothing about anything. I am very unclear why the accusation of my post.

An why are you asking me about dropping body fat%.. Now you think I am underweight or need to drop body fat or what? And my goals are personal. This is not about me at all.

eta: I stay clear of the boards you post on, I just happened to post here on page 1 and you came in later on.. so honestly and in the spirit of being in a good mood, this bothers me none.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    It's a valid concern.

I'm picking up the same vibe from the OP...
  • babydull
    Options
    I used to have ednos so tbf I know way to much about what calories are in what anyway

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS
    READ
    Why is that so hard for y'all?!

• Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    It's a valid concern.

There are some supermodels out there who are drastically underweight but because they are also very small boned, they don't have bones sticking out everywhere. Vlada R is an example of this. And she's a giant compared to the OP!

The OP may be 108 lbs but even 100 lbs is still a healthy bmi and other than wanting to lose the weight she's gained, nothing she's ever said has alluded to body dysmorphia. Furthermore, BDD is again..like anorexia and a mental illness. You are not a psychiatrist, let alone the OP's psychiatrist, so you should not be speculating.
  • babydull
    Options
    I used to have ednos so tbf I know way to much about what calories are in what anyway

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS
    READ

This thread is going to be hella triggering trauma to the OP ya know.
  • Aaron_K123
    edited October 2016
    Options
    It's a valid concern.

There are some supermodels out there who are drastically underweight but because they are also very small boned, they don't have bones sticking out everywhere. Vlada R is an example of this. And she's a giant compared to the OP!

The OP may be 108 lbs but even 100 lbs is still a healthy bmi and other than wanting to lose the weight she's gained, nothing she's ever said has alluded to body dysmorphia. Furthermore, BDD is again..like anorexia and a mental illness. You are not a psychiatrist, let alone the OP's psychiatrist, so you should not be speculating.

I agree....up until the point she stated she had visible abdominal muscles yet still wanted to drop an additional 8% of her bodyweight.

That isn't a red flag for you honestly?

If you can honestly state that isn't the slightest bit concerning I'll drop it and leave. This will be my last post if you can say that. I think that will be a hard thing to say.

If she hadn't said that is it possible she was so low muscle and so small framed she legit had bodyfat to lose up to 8 pounds? Yeah. But at the point that you can literally see your abdominal muscles especially as a woman you aren't that. You are already extremely low fat and do you really think 8% additional bodyfat percentage coming off you is realistic?
  • babydull
    Options

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS
    READ

Oh my god, you could not make this up.

Perhaps I have died and no-one can read my posts now that I am a ghost.
  • babydull
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS
    READ

Oh my god, you could not make this up.

Perhaps I have died and no-one can read my posts now that I am a ghost.

Maybe people arent responding because you seem angry and aren't the OP. If the OP is offended or has an issue she can report and we can evaluate to see if there are violations but nothing on this board is worth getting mad about.

I'm not angry, I'm exasperated that they are arguing amongst themselves about content clearly given by the OP that I've repeatedly pointed out to them and that may be triggering to the OP who was clearly angry about related issues earlier.
  • babydull
    Options

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS
    READ

Why do you assume the OP cannot handle people talking on the internet? She seems strong willed and capable to me. Perhaps you legitimately know something about her to suggest she would be "triggered"?

You can be "strong willed", "capable" and in ednos recovery - a fact you're happy to debate and yet not note she acknowledged herself on page 1.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I do think it's a good point to be made that someone so petite with visible abs wants to lose 7lbs. I'd be curious as to current BF% and what another 7lbs lost would be. 7lbs on a petite woman is quite a lot.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I do think it's a good point to be made that someone so petite with visible abs wants to lose 7lbs. I'd be curious as to current BF% and what another 7lbs lost would be. 7lbs on a petite woman is quite a lot.

Most definitely. It's at least a jean size... and more. I'm an inch taller than the OP and the difference in the last 7 pounds I've lost is... night and day. And I weigh 10 pounds more than she does right now. The smaller you get, the larger the differences get.
  • Aaron_K123
    edited October 2016
    Options

By her stated weight it would be a loss of an additional 8% bodyfat.

Here is all I am doing. Look at the percentage bodyfat range women begin to see abdominal muscles. Look at OP'S weight and stated weightloss goal, calculate that to be an additional 8% bodyfat loss. Subtract that from the previous range to obtain her goal range. Decide if I think that range is healthy or sustainable. Decide if I want to support that without question or at least mention that that may not be a realistic goal. That is what I did. Why is that triggering or bad?

If you do the same thing and think that looks right to you then count me suprised. I can see deciding to not comment but to full on approve of that? Are you sure? Have you considered her putting on 8 pounds may have been a good thing?

I'm done, I'm just repeated ing myself and I'm not really comfortable supporting weightloss here so I suppose I'll just leave. Support it if you want but don't avoid criticism at the coat of sound health advice.