Gaining on 1400 kcals

Options
1235»

Replies

• babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    I do think it's a good point to be made that someone so petite with visible abs wants to lose 7lbs. I'd be curious as to current BF% and what another 7lbs lost would be. 7lbs on a petite woman is quite a lot.

By her stated weight it would be a loss of an additional 8% bodyfat.

Here is all I am doing. Look at the percentage bodyfat range women begin to see abdominal muscles. Look at OP'S weight and stated weightloss goal, calculate that to be an additional 8% bodyfat loss. Subtract that from the previous range to obtain her goal range. Decide if I think that range is healthy or sustainable. Decide if I want to support that without question or at least mention that that may not be a realistic goal. That is what I did. Why is that triggering or bad?

If you do the same thing and think that looks right to you then count me suprised. I can see deciding to not comment but to full on approve of that? Are you sure? Have you considered her putting on 8 pounds may have been a good thing?

I'm done, I'm just repeated ing myself and I'm not really comfortable supporting weightloss here so I suppose I'll just leave. Support it if you want but don't avoid criticism at the coat of sound health advice.

Might that be why I asked her body fat percentage and checked her BMI was within the healthy rage - which it is and not at the bottom of that range either?
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    babydull wrote: »
    I do think it's a good point to be made that someone so petite with visible abs wants to lose 7lbs. I'd be curious as to current BF% and what another 7lbs lost would be. 7lbs on a petite woman is quite a lot.

Here is all I am doing. Look at the percentage bodyfat range women begin to see abdominal muscles. Look at OP'S weight and stated weightloss goal, calculate that to be an additional 8% bodyfat loss. Subtract that from the previous range to obtain her goal range. Decide if I think that range is healthy or sustainable. Decide if I want to support that without question or at least mention that that may not be a realistic goal. That is what I did. Why is that triggering or bad?

If you do the same thing and think that looks right to you then count me suprised. I can see deciding to not comment but to full on approve of that? Are you sure? Have you considered her putting on 8 pounds may have been a good thing?

I'm done, I'm just repeated ing myself and I'm not really comfortable supporting weightloss here so I suppose I'll just leave. Support it if you want but don't avoid criticism at the coat of sound health advice.

Might that be why I asked her body fat percentage and checked her BMI was within the healthy rage - which it is and not at the bottom of that range either?

BMI isn't the whole picture though. She is at the lower end and as she mentioned herself, already has visible abs. As a woman you have to have a pretty low BF% already to achieve that. So that's when it's sensible to put aside BMI as a metric.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    babydull wrote: »

So what...you aren't satisfied with supporting it yourself and require that I support it as well? No.

If you think BMI is more telling than abdominal muscles physically showing then fine, not even going to try to convince you otherwise....but I support weight loss for improved health and I don't think that's what this is. Unless you need me to stay or need to convince me for some reason I'm going to go now.
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    So what...you aren't satisfied with supporting it yourself and require that I support it as well?

Literally never said that. Defended myself - and suggested you read OPs actual post.

She very clearly said she doesn't want to further reduce her calories. None of this makes any sense whatsoever.

I can't be bothered with discussing it any further. OP hit me up if that would be useful to you.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    No chance you could be pregnant is there?
  • TreyTnt9
    TreyTnt9 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Who, babydull? Could be. She sure is cranky.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    The op
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,611 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    <so confused about this discussion>

Eating disorders are a **kitten** to deal with because recovery is difficult and people often relapse.

A lean person who has STATED they are recovering from an eating disorder says they want to lose weight while at a low normal BMI.

Regardless of how long ago they gained the weight they want to lose, they are **TODAY** showing abs which means that **TODAY** they are very lean.

Since when is any weight loss goal unquestionably appropriate for a very lean person who is recovering from an eating disorder?

Why the **KITTEN** would the possibility of a relapse not be the FIRST thing one considers?
  • squatsnotsquat
    squatsnotsquat Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Since it sounds like you're pretty good about accuracy (although nutrition labeling can be wrong as mentioned), your metabolism might have lowered (very common in women who are calorie restricting for a while). Weird, since most people's bmr is higher than 1400 so there's no way that could happen, but who knows. I'd try intermittent fasting, 500 calories one day and maintenance level (2000ish) the next. Calorie/carb cycling could help get your metabolism back up if that's the problem, and other random metabolism boosters like strength training, HIIT workouts, cayenne pepper and black coffee, etc. Taking a short break from your diet may seem scary but it can really help your metabolism.

It could also be salt or carb bloat. If you're eating more carbs but the same number of calories, you will store a lot more water and sugar in your muscles, and it won't look like lean muscle, it'll look like fat. Having a lot of food/liquid at once can give you a "food baby" even if it's healthy, low cal stuff like veggies and water. That can easily add two inches and a few pounds. That was always my problem, I didn't actually have fat on me but I looked like it. I'm not saying to stop eating veggies or drinking water, just be more understanding with yourself (although I know that may be difficult if you have ednos). Go low carb a little and calipers to measure, not a measuring tape or a scale. That will help you see if you're really putting on fat or if it's something else.

Also, make sure you're keeping your stress levels down (again, might be hard if you have ednos and worried about gaining weight). Hard exercise really helps me with stress (plus boosts metabolism and burns calories of course), also counting to 50 if I'm upset. Stress hormones can make you put on weight like crazy.
  • unnichaacko
    unnichaacko Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    May we ask how tall you are and how much you weigh? Maybe you are trying to maintain an unrealistic weight.

Im only 5'1 but I'm 49.3kg rn. I have a small bone frame also.

Isn't this just fine? I mean your weight. There's an ideal weight for everybody. Like I am the same height as yours. And I am 46/47 and I think it's perfectly alright. Maybe exercising regularly for 30 minutes than twice a week might help. I would recommend not to eat less than what you are eating, but to fit in a little more activity in your daily life and monitor it after 10-15 days (2 weeks) to see if things change.