Feeling Uncomfortable in the Gym

Options
1235»

Replies

• Delilahjudith12345
    Options
    rynshermy wrote: »
    I recently moved to a big city from a small town. I decided to go to a gym for the first time in my life yesterday. As soon as I walk in, I see lots of men with huge muscles. Then I see a couple of girls wearing almost nothing taking selfies in a mirror. There were so many females wearing only a sports bra and short shorts. Some of them had their bum hanging out of the bottom...
    I have a sister who is skinny and fit, and she never wears clothes like that to the gym. She usually wears a t-shirt and leggings. Why do some women feel the need to show so much skin? Is it for attention or does less clothing actually help them exercise?
    To be honest, I've never felt so uncomfortable and out of place in my life. I stayed there for probably less than five minutes. I just couldn't handle it. My self-esteem kind of went down the drain the second I walked into that place.
    I've been overweight all my life. I've tried losing weight so many times.. I finally found some things that worked for me and I stuck to it (most of the time). I was able to lose 110lbs just in the last 16 months. I have a lot more weight to lose, so I thought I'd try something different and go to a gym.
    It just wasn't for me. Most of the people in the gym were half naked and completely fit. I felt like everyone was looking at me, even though they probably weren't. I just felt so out of place, like I didn't belong.
    I've seen so many people online that are my size and they go to the gym regularly. I want to be able to do that, but this experience has kind of scared me away from gyms. I know I shouldn't let what other people think of me get in the way of my goals (i feel like someone's gonna tell me that), I don't think that's my problem. I don't care what they think of me. I just don't want to go somewhere and feel bad about how I look. Does anyone else have problems with this? Am I the only one??

I'm a 21 year old female. I should be okay with going to a gym! This is bothering me.

I was just like you feeling ashamed to go for gym my fatty skin really i was just feeling awkward by seeing others in gym than my trainer really helped to get be fit, he trained me in gym as well he advised to do some workouts in home along with yoga and full control on diet and now I just really feeling myself fit really wanna thanks my trainer.