Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    What are your thoughts on the matter:

Yes
    No
    Maybe

Nope. Did this a few times in my younger days and always got weird. Too many other people to date out there to stick within the organization anyway.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    It depends on the situation.

If it's against office policy, definite no.

If one of you is subordinate to the other, NO.

If you work in different departments on different floors, maybe, but think of the ramifications if/when you split up. As far apart as you may feel, you will run into each other all the time after you split up.

If one of you is frequently seen hovering around the others workspace, don't kid yourself, everybody knows.

And if you "confidentially" tell someone, it's no longer a secret and people will talk.

My interoffice dating experience was horrific and included a restraining order. The person you meet at work may not be the same person outside of work.

• kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I met my BF of 4 years at work...same level - no superior situation. We no longer work at the same company...but we did work together/live together/date for about 6 months while working at the same company.

I'd do it again.
  • PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Thats way to much togetherness for anyone's good. At work, home, at lunch, I would just suffocate and die... lol
  • Starman02
    Starman02 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    PowerMan40 wrote: »
    Thats way to much togetherness for anyone's good. At work, home, at lunch, I would just suffocate and die... lol

THIS^^^

depending on how closely you work / how much you see the other person but still... don't *kitten* where you eat. And definitely make sure its nobody from payroll LOL
  • stephenmoralee
    stephenmoralee Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I used to work with my wife....we got divorced
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options

Well, there is that. I took a job at the same company that my future first ex husband worked at, he suggested it when I graduated from college. I was young and stupid. Turns out he wanted to be able to keep an eye on me 24/7 - that came out during the marriage counseling sessions near the end of my marriage to this nut-case.

The other down side is you might not have much to talk about over the dinner table if you both work for the same company/department - because you both are there all day.
  • PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Starman02 wrote: »

THIS^^^

depending on how closely you work / how much you see the other person but still... don't *kitten* where you eat. And definitely make sure its nobody from payroll LOL

Oh hell no.... everyone knows you got to be a little crazy to want to work in a payroll department, avoid them like the plague.
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    no ...if it goes bad your business is all over the building (and likely any Noods)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Are you HR? Can you see if their salary is worth the risk?
  • mahammadtouseef
    mahammadtouseef Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I married my college friend. We tried to join the same company. But never happened.
  • anjulajj
    anjulajj Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Don't do it. I did once...will never again :/
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    Tony and pepper work together they seem fine

Solid post right there.