Do guys really...

Options

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    Well to be fair when we did it we did it to dudes also -.- they normally get really piss and it bring a smile on our faces that's on my younger days though. I dunno about other dudes but it's just for fun and no I don't expect to get laid just wanna see the reaction

Here's your reaction: It's harassment. It makes women feel unsafe. Cut it out.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    It's worse when they stop the car and try to get me to get in and keep following me trying to get me to get in. I keep saying no. They only drive away when I shout that I'm married. That's very creepy. Why would I get into a car with a persistent strange man?
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    It is a grooming behavior and a way for a guy to be seen. They want you to know they are there and up for anything. Same as playing a radio in a car really loud for attention.

Kinda sad.
  • BinaryPulsar
    edited September 2016
    Options
    It's worse when they stop the car and try to get me to get in and keep following me trying to get me to get in. I keep saying no. They only drive away when I shout that I'm married. That's very creepy. Why would I get into a car with a persistent strange man?

Does the car look like this...because that's a whole other thing altogether.

18r6nn5iv3gb8jpg.jpg

No. He didn't even have candy or puppies or clowns. He was just saying, "Come on. We can go party together."
  • Habiteer
    Habiteer Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    Well to be fair when we did it we did it to dudes also -.- they normally get really piss and it bring a smile on our faces that's on my younger days though. I dunno about other dudes but it's just for fun and no I don't expect to get laid just wanna see the reaction

Yeah, I got harassed a little bit when I was younger too so it can happen to guys too. Just a sudden loud honk of the horn when I'm minding my own business and a sudden insult or holler. I feel that they like to do what makes you feel uncomfortable. One time I was pelted with some ketchup packets (that stung, it pretty much exploded on my chest) and water balloons used to be a problem as well.
    Why do men do this?
    Why do men people do this?
    Fixed that for you. I've seen plenty of women do it too. Sexism takes place regardless of the gender of either party.

I've had this happen once to me too. Walking down the sidewalk coming up near a traffic light and a car behind me drives past and I hear a woman yell "Hey, nice *kitten*!" I must admit, I was a little happy since I had been working out for months and I took it as a compliment out of the blue.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    One time in high school a senior was almost expelled for throwing a burrito from his car at a freshman. It hit her in the face.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    i personally find all unsolicited flirting off putting.

Funny. I find solicited flirting the same.

• Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    It is a grooming behavior and a way for a guy to be seen. They want you to know they are there and up for anything. Same as playing a radio in a car really loud for attention.

Kinda sad.

Or revving their engine really loud when they drive away?

I always 'spose they're trying to make for something..........
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    rebel_26 wrote: »
    I been cat called and had my head petted like an dog by women..usually alcohol was involved. I wasnt offended by it and chuckled actually. My buddy in high school used to cat call at women. I found it embarrassing when he would . OHTL beat me to the gender specific comment. Props OHTL.

Yup, I'd probably pet your head too...j/s....sorry/not sorry!
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options

This is when it's BAD BAD....freaks....you be careful out there!
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    One time in high school a senior was almost expelled for throwing a burrito from his car at a freshman. It hit her in the face.

My brother was suspended for throwing cheese in class. When we read the slip and it said, Reason for suspension: throwing cheese, we were cracking up laughing.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Why do men do this?

Why do men people do this?

Fixed that for you. I've seen plenty of women do it too. Sexism takes place regardless of the gender of either party.

In equal proportions? How odd.

I've lived in three different states, visited at least half of the rest, visited three different countries plus a territory, and overwhelmingly associate this behavior with males.