• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    10/1- 4.04 miles
    10/2- Rest/Travel day
    10/3- 3.47
    10/4- 5.03

Total: 12.55/60

Today's notes: another zone 2 run. HR got up to 160, but that was because of a coughing/choking fit at the top of a hill I had just climbed. Average HR was 148, so a little high, but a solid zone 2 run. Really starting to see a pattern. 10:15-10:40 average pace seems to be just right for keeping zone 2.

oh, and on a side note, I put my first pair of running shoes over 200 miles on this run!
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I was in NYC this past weekend visiting daughter and had a great time! Besides two runs we did a ton of walking and I am really sore from all that walking. Weather was in the 60s ... aka heaven to me. I missed all the October posts so far but trying to catch up.

@skippygirlsmom - I think it's great that Skip realized what she wanted and felt comfortable letting you know! It is a lot of pressure. I've already told you how my daughter turned down full rides to play at an Ivy (no athletic scholarships), so she could focus on academics. Turns out even there, it is a full time job! So after two years she stopped playing and never regretted it.

@elise4270 - wait... you ran? I thought you still had crutches?

I got the most amazing roller/massager this weekend:
    https://www.jackrabbit.com/accessories/injury-prevention-recovery/massage-stretching/roll-recovery-r8-massage-roller-rr-8.html

When I was running with my daughter Saturday she said "prepare to be amazed at my new device!" When we got back to her apartment she showed me it and had me try it. I was amazed. She said "I was going to buy you one but you said you didn't want anything!" True- I just don't want/need anything -- unless it is running/biking related! I didn't tell her that little caveat. So while we were out walking around we were close to the NY Running Store and I decided to go get one. And while we were there and I was looking at sale items, my daughter runs over and says "they have the Garmin you want!".

I had ordered it the Garmin Fenix 3 in white gold from Amazon a month ago and they cancelled the order after 3 weeks because I guess the white one is backordered. Every site I went to said it would be weeks before it would be shipped or not available. So I gave up and had been studying other Garmins.

https://www.rei.com/product/897924/garmin-fenix-3-sapphire-whitegold-gps-watch

So it was a rather expensive trip to the running store! :blush: And I didn't even leave with shoes!
    But, I had been planning on buying it for months and the roller thing is definitely worth it.

10/1 - 5.1 miles
    10.2 - 7.3 miles
    10/3 - travel/rest day
    10/4 - rest

Upcoming races
    11/30/16 - I/ITSEC 5K
    2/5/17 - Daytona Beach HM
    2/26/17 - Disney Princess HM Orlando
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today - Miles for October
    1/1 20 miles - 20
    1/2 REST DAY
    1/3 8.1 miles - 28.1
    1/3 5 miles - 33.1 << Daily Double
    1/4 9 miles - 42.1

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    UAH 8K - 3/6 <<< 34:33 3 in AG
    Oak Barrel HM - 4/2 <<<< 1:38:00 3 in AG
    Bridge Street HM - 4/10 <<< 1:36:33 3 in AG
    PEO-AVN Team Day 5K - 5/4 <<< 19:10 (2.9 mi) 1 in AG 5 OA
    Cotton Row Run 10K - 5/30 << 44:57 PR
    Firecracker Chase 10.2 miler 6/25 << 1:20:22 1 in AG & 15 OA
    Huntsville Half Marathon - 11/12
    Rocket City Marathon - 12/10

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    get regular massages, every 30 miles or something!

Sorry, I can't afford a massage twice a week. :wink:

I know. You and Kristine would break the bank on massages!

@ddmom0811 Yes I ran intermittently for 1.92 miles. It was great. Until the next day when I was incredibly stiff and sore in my back. But so worth it.
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    My Garmin just died and my charger cord is 200 miles away..... :/
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    October isn't off to a great start for me after ending September with the best run I'd had in awhile. Bleh.

Oct 1 - Rest day
    Oct 2 - 2 mile run, .75 walk, 15 min bodyweight exercises
    Oct 3 - 2.75 mile walk
    Oct 4 - 2 mile run, 1.5 mile walk

Goal: 4/60 miles run

• NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 and @kristinegift

Didn't mean to say someone WOULD say anything, but I've gotten used to the comments over the past year. I mentioned it because I want to find a way into the group and it's a very integral part of who I am. I like getting it out of the way quickly. *smile*

That being said, running and eating is definitely a chore now. I'm lucky if I get 1000 calories most days (restricted as to how much I can take in at once), and know I need to up it greatly at this point if I want to continue to run and build muscle instead of tearing it down. So it's an interesting juggling act!

Still on Week 3, Day 2...I skipped the gym yesterday, so will definitely get it in today!

Thanks for the welcomes!
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • Elise4270
    edited October 2016
    Options

Didn't mean to say someone WOULD say anything, but I've gotten used to the comments over the past year. I mentioned it because I want to find a way into the group and it's a very integral part of who I am. I like getting it out of the way quickly. *smile*

Thanks for the welcomes!

I can see getting that out there. I'm not sure if there are others here that have had weight loss surgery (that's what were talking about, right? I hope I remembering correctly).

My supervisor had gastric bypass almost a year ago. I know she's struggled getting the calories. So much seems to make her feel sick. Seems like a constant balancing act.

Congratulations and welcome to the best group ever on MFP! :wink:
  • Elise4270
    Options
    My Garmin just died and my charger cord is 200 miles away..... :/

Runners worst day ever.... Feel for ya
  • TattooedDolphinGirl78
    TattooedDolphinGirl78 Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

1/10: 5.09 km (running and squatting in a cornfield scaring people in my PT job for Halloween season)
    2/10: REST
    3/10: 5.02 km (1/3 interval, 2/3 steady treadmill run) + 20 mins yoga + strength exercises (arms and core)
    4/10: 5.01 km (steady treadmill run) + 20 mins yoga

Current PR: 5K in 32:50 / 10K in 1:12:07 / 20K in 2:45:11

Races:

20/10-01/11: Zombies Run! App 2016 Fall Virtual Run
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    My first HM next year 6/17/17: https://www.strava.com/segments/4600371 A lot less overall elevation than my other races. Should be a good one, and from what I've heard, it's just a great race!
  • lissadecker
    lissadecker Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    October goal: 50 miles
    10/1: 1.75 miles
    10/2: 3.15 miles
    10/3: 2.25 miles
    Today: 2 miles

Total/October: 9.15 miles

Good run with the dogs this morning. I went without them the last two days so they were ready today. I go out on my bike before taking them and my husband says that both pups were whining the whole time I was gone waiting for me. Now they are both sacked out. The last few weeks have been going so well that I think I might start looking for a 5K that I can do this month or next.

Boy, this is a chatty group! ;) I am enjoying reading your posts and starting to get to know you guys but it is slow going for a new person to catch up and jump in. It is nice "meeting" you all though!
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Ok Strava peeps, question! How do you upload a photo to your run? I like how people post a photo of their run, but I don't know how to do it! Lol. Unless it's something that's only available for the premium membership?
  • Elise4270
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Ok Strava peeps, question! How do you upload a photo to your run? I like how people post a photo of their run, but I don't know how to do it! Lol. Unless it's something that's only available for the premium membership?

It's not a premium feature. I can't tell you how to do it from a PC but mobile I can.

After you complete your activity, it'll be "ready to view".

Screenshot_20161004-102412_zpsblwnyxcv.png

From here you just select add photo and it pulls from your files. You can also close the lock, to prevent sharing that activity if needed.

Hope this helps. I'm sure someone more fluent in Strava can add information needed.
  • cvstokke
    cvstokke Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Goal: 150 miles running and walking

10/1 0.98
    10/2 0.06
    10/3 5.73

TOTAL: 6.77
    LEFT: 143.23
    PER DAY: 5.12
  • cvstokke
    cvstokke Posts: 249 Member