Replies

• BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Coffee time! Anyone want a cup?
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    if coffee is bad I don't want to live anymore.
    Coffee is fine. Putting a lot of sugar and stuff in it not so fine. (no judgement....I do it.)
    I like coffee. There's no reason not to enjoy something I like. I'm not being punished. Neither are you.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,068 Member
    Options
    I don't understand what this 'creamer' is ( serious comment, is not a term used in Australia)

I have several coffees a day with small amount of low fat milk and no sugar or sweeteners.

have kept on track with my weight loss goals.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Black coffee is less than 5 calories per standard cup. A teaspoon of sugar or dollop of creamer isn't going to break your diet either.

My opinion? They can have my coffee when the pry it from my cold, dead hands.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    PSH....coffee is routine for me. If I don't have it, I don't 1.) wake up and 2.) do...other things that are necessary for daily function.

It's a natural diuretic and laxative.

Plus it's delicious. I do a little fat free half and half, 2% milk or light creamer.

tumblr_lpixcfqu2a1qcpw8to1_500.gif
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation! I have coffee with milk and sugar every day!
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Little known secret: Coffee tastes horrible. There are only about a half dozen of us that know this. Everyone else has been brainwashed. Shhhhh....
  • mbryanlpc
    mbryanlpc Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Coffee is the nectar of the Gods. Enjoy your coffee!!
  • karen19711
    karen19711 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Amen

Love it, would not live without it.

Smile K xo
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I don't really like coffee, but I drink between 5-10 oz ~ everyday ...with 1/4tsp 'sugar in the raw' and fat free half/half and I don't log it (the only thing I *don't* log) I will drink it without sweetening, but it's got to have whitening.
  • ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Coffee is full of antioxidants and also a natural appetite suppressant. The only thing that makes coffee unhealthy are the things we add to it.

People who should stay away from coffee are the ones with caffeine sensitivity issues, or anxiety problems.
    Well that's the thing; I didn't know if the sweetener was too unhealthy to have daily or not. And I have anxiety but it's drastically improved since I began exercising, and I wasn't affected at all today.

They say it "can" make anxiety worse, I've never experienced this issue either, even when I use to have panic attacks.

I drink my coffee black, it only took a few weeks to get use to it, I just kept adding less and less to it and now I really enjoy the bitter taste. As long as a little sugar or milk isn't breaking your calorie bank, it's fine.
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I love coffee! I have one or two every day. Latte (when out) or coffee with creamer (seems to be the right term here!) when at home.
    This is a major reduction from my four lattes a day years ....
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Little known secret: Coffee tastes horrible. There are only about a half dozen of us that know this. Everyone else has been brainwashed. Shhhhh....
    BLASPHEMER! UNBELIEVER! HERETIC!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    This morning, I woke up with a HUGE craving for coffee. I have a cup of home-brewed coffee maybe three or four times a year (this does not include the occasional "coffee" milkshake indulgence drinks that I have maybe three times a year), so I splurged.

I used Maxwell's Original with 4 tablespoons of Coffeemate's caramel macchiato (I know, I need it sweet though). The sweetener makes the 8 oz. cup of joe 60 calories (carbs: 9, fat: 3, protein: 0, sodium: 45, sugar: 7). I'm amazed at how full I've been all day! I ate both breakfast and lunch, but I haven't had a snack at all today (I have the worst case of munchies on a daily basis).

Would it be okay for me to drink one 8oz. mug of coffee (with sweetener) a day?

I feel I should add that I searched the forums and found nothing but "Is coffee good or bad?" types of threads. Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere!
    The only problem I see is that the caramel macchiato coffee mate has 35 calories per tbs, so if you have 4 tbs, that is 140 calories, not 60 (for liquid, even more for the powder.) Your nutrition facts are off. You can go to the coffee mate website or check the label. Log it correctly and make room for it in your macros, and you'll be fine, just make sure you have the correct info.
  • mjpTennis
    mjpTennis Posts: 6,165 Member
    Options
    I have come to enjoy it black. If you want to use it as an appetite suppressant then having it without sugar is critical. Try adding heavy cream, butter, or coconut oil.
    ^This. Have mine with butter daily. Healthy fat and coffee gets my day started just right.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I have come to enjoy it black. If you want to use it as an appetite suppressant then having it without sugar is critical. Try adding heavy cream, butter, or coconut oil.
    ^This. Have mine with butter daily. Healthy fat and coffee gets my day started just right.

Butter? I've heard this before...I just can't imagine what it would taste like.

I wish I could drink coffee black...I just enjoy it with half and half SO much...
  • kylamaries
    kylamaries Posts: 291
    Options
    The only problem I see is that the caramel macchiato coffee mate has 35 calories per tbs, so if you have 4 tbs, that is 140 calories, not 60 (for liquid, even more for the powder.) Your nutrition facts are off. You can go to the coffee mate website or check the label. Log it correctly and make room for it in your macros, and you'll be fine, just make sure you have the correct info.
    Oh no :embarassed: I hate to say it but I think you're right; I must've read it as tablespoon. Now I feel awful. I fixed it in my diary but dang, I consumed way more than my eyes led me to believe.
  • trin8ty75
    trin8ty75 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    The SF version is 15 calories per tbsp and the regular is 35
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    bulletproof is the way to go.

coffee, grass fed butter, mct oil, **optional sweetener** win win win.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Coffee_Love.jpg.crop_display.jpg

This is beautiful