Epsom Salts?

Replies

• ladarius93
    ladarius93 Posts: 47 Member
    The directions are on the back of the Epsom salt bag. I also got the bath soak information from an article of better hones and garden. The Epsom salt detoxs the bad toxins from the body. You don't drink it. You add it to your bath for soaking. Not drinking. I wouldn't post an answer to someone's post with bogus or false information and jeopardize anyone's health or life. Also Bragg's has a booklet with all of the same information. That's where I got my research h from. Read it. It may be of great help to you dewd2.
  • ladarius93
    That's Dr. Teal not Dr. Teas that's at walmart on the bath aisle with body soaks.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited October 2016
    ladarius93 wrote: »
    The directions are on the back of the Epsom salt bag. I also got the bath soak information from an article of better hones and garden. The Epsom salt detoxs the bad toxins from the body. You don't drink it. You add it to your bath for soaking. Not drinking. I wouldn't post an answer to someone's post with bogus or false information and jeopardize anyone's health or life. Also Bragg's has a booklet with all of the same information. That's where I got my research h from. Read it. It may be of great help to you dewd2.

What toxins, specifically? And how does it "detox" them?
  • ladarius93
    So I assume you're asking these 3 word questions to make it seem like I'm stupid or don't know what I'm talking about. Google epsom salt bath detoxs and you'll find out everything you need to know. I learned because I read and like I said Bragg's offers a guide and book about the same thing.
  • ladarius93
    Here are some detox links dewd2:
    http://thehealthyapple.com/epsom-salt-detox-bath-how-to/
    http://goodworkswellness.com/create-a-detoxification-bath-using-common-ingredients/
    Purchase a Bragg's health nook and you'll see other health info as well
  • ladarius93
    dewd2. If these links don't help you, then maybe this one will answer all of your wordy questions:
    http://healthylivinghowto.com/1/post/2012/01/detoxification-part-i-healing-waters.html
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    edited October 2016
    So I assume you're asking these 3 word questions to make it seem like I'm stupid or don't know what I'm talking about. Google epsom salt bath detoxs and you'll find out everything you need to know. I learned because I read and like I said Bragg's offers a guide and book about the same thing.

No one is saying you are stupid. But you really owe it to yourself to learn more about this so you don't waste your time and money (and others that come here understand it is not true). The evidence that Epson Salt does ANYTHING is very, very weak (and I'm being nice). However anything that claims it can 'detox' you is a complete scam.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Well, I did pick up some lavender-scented salts at Kmart yesterday - mostly because I like lavender, and the salts were less expensive than the liquid bath gel stuff (based on the recommended use amount and how many 'servings' there were in the container). This version also has shea butter in it, I think? Haven't tried it out yet. I'll let you know what I think! :D Thanks everbody!
  • ladarius93
    I've done epsom salt soaks for years and know of a lit more people that still do. I know for a fact that after the soak, the soreness and stiffness are relieved from my joints and other parts of my body. I didn't say that you use this as a detox to get rid of all toxins from your body to be toxin free. I answered the post that was given about epsom salt soaks helping to relieve soreness. What I stated is what was asked.
  • ladarius93
    So dewd2, have you ever taken an epsom salt soak?
  • ladarius93
    You don't have to be "nice". Say what you need to say. I'm human just like you are. Just because your thoughts and beliefs are different from others doesn't justify that you're right or wrong. If you look back at post from the beginni g, you'll see that they're other people that also said the soaks helped them as far as the soreness. But you said everyone else knows it's not true. I only included information that I read in health and nutrition booklet. I'm no Einstein and I'm not trying to be!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    I used my bath salts after today's workout. It did make me feel more relaxed and less achey. I'm not sure the improvement is due to the salts; a soak in a hot bath generally gives me the same result. I do smell nice, though!
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    That fact that you think (know) is going to work does NOT mean it actually works. Correlation and causation. Placebo. It is not rocket science. It is basic science 101.
  • ladarius93
    You're right. I'm no rocket scientist. I just only have a Masters in Biology
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member

It's okay to drink small amounts though. I remember when I went through a phase of severe constipation the pharmacy gave me a small packet of epsom salts to drink. It worked like a miracle when nothing else did. The taste vile though. The was before I even knew people use it in baths. I've always known it as a last resort extremely effective laxative.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited October 2016
    You're right. I'm no rocket scientist. I just only have a Masters in Biology

Then please explain the toxins eliminated and the biological process by which this occurs, with sourcing from peer reviewed studies
    Try either the lavender fragrance Epsom salt (Family Dollar) or you can add aromatherapy lavender drops(10),Braggs organic apple cider vinegar(2 cups)to your bath water along with regular Epsom salt and soak. Teally, really works. Also Walmart carries a doctor teas bath soak in liquid or powder. The Epsom salts will also detox your body while soaking.

I for one am eager to learn as to my knowledge nobody has yet provided any scientific proof of "detoxing" outside hospitals