Biggest blunders you've done?

Options
So I made up a few dishes using some Bacon I bought the other day. I measured the bacon by weight and added it all up into my recipies, and was shocked to see the calorie count come out to almost 1000 calories per serving. Few days later I realized with the bacon entry I used, it was for cooked bacon, not raw bacon... so I had put in almost 5x the amount of bacon I actually ate. Definitely made sense as to why I was so hungry later on.

What other blunders have you done that might help someone else avoid later on?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I tried to eat low fat, because that was supposed to be an "easy" way to cut "empty" calories, and even recommended to avoid cancer, diabetes and heart failure. Of course you can't deny yourself real food for very long, so I binged on junk whenever I couldn't take it anymore.

Ironically, lots of people have had similar experiences trying to cut carbs and eat high fat.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Wanting to lose X pounds by X date. There are many of those threads today. In my experience, it's recipe for failure. :/

Also this!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    For me, trying to eat 1200 calories/day. It works for some, but I never made it for more than a week.

Yeah! That's a good one!
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Regaining the 54 pounds I lost between 2012-2013. And not being able to get back on track.
  • ashjongfit
    ashjongfit Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    bethanyka wrote: »
    getting a matching tattoo with my NOW EX-Fiance

as far as weight goes, I agree with the above, All or Nothing mentality! and trying to lose X by X. never works for me anyway. Trying to work in that crazy concept of moderation these days :smile:

SAME, we got our wedding rings tattooed on, looking at removal since its been three years and I have a daughter and am with the guy I should have been with in the first place LOL

1. Lose 100 lbs in six months
    2. 1200cal, no eating back workout cals
    3. Not seeing that stupid entry for garlic that makes it like 10x the calories.
    4. trying to have to large of a deficit