Biggest blunders you've done?

Options

Replies

• Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    solieco1 wrote: »
    Thinking that triathlon training would lead to weight loss.
    Thinking that I deserved to eat because I swam, biked and ran.
    Truth was I just needed less damn food!
    Wow, so simple.

This worked for my first triathlon....during the training. Problem was, I kept eating when the training was over.
  • Red_Pill
    Red_Pill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Governing my food choices solely on calories as well buying into the notion of there being "diet" foods. I'm more seasoned at it these days.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I once thought a pizza crust serving was the whole crust, not a half crust---and I ate a whole pizza. I figured it out the next week when I was making another pizza (premade crust). What was done was done and I ended the week at a nice loss, so chalked up to better measuring next time.
  • ds41980
    ds41980 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I bought a box of milkduds yesterday and realized that I may have no self control around milkduds. I ate 7 of them, put the rest in a sandwich bag and threw them literally into the back of the freezer. I am planning on eating 6 per day until they are gone and then I won't be making that mistake again.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    Buying my favorite candy for Halloween candy to give out to trick-or-treaters! Where do you suppose the leftovers went?? This year I plan on getting pretzels and some type of candy that I do not like!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    The biggest blunder I did repeatedly was by skipping my breakfast on a weekend when I expected to have a big restaurant lunch. I did have a big lunch, but then kept snacking and it turned into a bad day of too many calories. Sometimes it was below Maintenance, sometimes above. The corrective action was to have breakfast in reasonable fashion and lunch in reasonable fashion. The snack attacker doesn't stalk me when I treat myself well.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    When I was pregnant, I ate one of those Sonic shakes once a week. Turns out those are over 2000 calories a shake. No wonder I gained 60 pounds in 9 months.

Poor girls. "You're eating for two" is interpreted as 'eat for two ZIP codes".
  • ajsutter0396
    ajsutter0396 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It's hard to settle on just one mistake when I've made so many! My biggest mistake was doing a ketogenic diet clinic with severely restricted calories. I got to my goal weight but looked sick (and felt sick). Of course I gained it all back ... This time around, I've had a balanced diet with a calorie goal of losing 1-2 pounds per week and exercising.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    ericwhitt wrote: »
    What other blunders have you done that might help someone else avoid later on?

Go out with a jacket.
  • ericwhitt
    ericwhitt Posts: 87 Member
    Options

Go out with a jacket.

I somewhat enjoy being cold, so this is a blunder I purposely repeat. Until it drops to somewhere in the low 40s, I won't bother with a jacket.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    The biggest blunder I did repeatedly was by skipping my breakfast on a weekend when I expected to have a big restaurant lunch. I did have a big lunch, but then kept snacking and it turned into a bad day of too many calories. Sometimes it was below Maintenance, sometimes above. The corrective action was to have breakfast in reasonable fashion and lunch in reasonable fashion. The snack attacker doesn't stalk me when I treat myself well.

I'm a bit the same way... I'll skip a meal to make room or because I already ate a bit too much that day but I end up starving later because of it and making bad choices.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options

Go out with a jacket.

I somewhat enjoy being cold, so this is a blunder I purposely repeat. Until it drops to somewhere in the low 40s, I won't bother with a jacket.

It's harder when you wear a road bike because you have more wind chill.
  • mari5466
    mari5466 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I was really strict on my self and after two months one night I couldn't anymore and I just binged on cake and fried chicken. After that I realized I needed to be more realistic and I actually have a monthly cheat meal ( yes meal not day) where I eat whatever I want and don't add the calories to MFP. I don't want to know I just want to enjoy. I work out a little more that week and I still eat healthy the other meals that day.
  • mis1022
    mis1022 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Convincing myself its "just coffee" and that is not too many calories, But it was a flavored latte with over 200 calories. :o
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Allowing myself to put on weight in the first place. I won't be making that mistake twice!
    I have made that mistake twice! Now trying to avoid doing it for a third time :)