Biggest blunders you've done?

Options

Replies

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    For me, trying to eat 1200 calories/day. It works for some, but I never made it for more than a week.

I stuck with 1200 for waaay to long.
  • Intentional_Me
    Intentional_Me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »
    For me, trying to eat 1200 calories/day. It works for some, but I never made it for more than a week.

That's what MFP has me down to now. I'm 5'3, 228 pounds and starting to feel quite hungry. I think I'm switching to 1.5 a week loss at 205 pounds.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Math mistakes that have me over or undereating - over my calories I can live with but undereating really makes me angry!!! I use a calculator now for all my "figgerin'"
  • jolive7
    jolive7 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Eating the WHOLE len and larrys cookie when one serving is half... dammit..
  • Intentional_Me
    Intentional_Me Posts: 336 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    rcktgirl05 wrote: »
    DebSozo wrote: »

That's what MFP has me down to now. I'm 5'3, 228 pounds and starting to feel quite hungry. I think I'm switching to 1.5 a week loss at 205 pounds.

I'm 5'4" and started at 220. MFP also had me around 1200 but it wasn't enough for me initially. I'm active (increased a lot since the beginning) and I set my own to 1380 which seems to be my magic number. I'm rarely over that even when I earn calories through exercise but it all does even out when I stick close. If I go slightly over I don't sweat it because I'm usually under on the other days. This way, I'm not hungry all the time and I have treats occasionally to keep me from feeling deprived. I've lost 42 pounds overall, 35 since mid June when I started tracking. Once you find your magic formula for what works, it's like turning around and floating downstream when previously you had been struggling to swim upstream. My two cents!

Thank you! I'm going to keep this in mind. I would rather have a bit slower of a loss than get frustrated and blow it for awhile.
  • orsonsmith
    orsonsmith Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thinking that I can eat as much as I want during pregnancy, as long as I lose it all before my babies first birthday I will be fine. Well, first birthday is 3 months away and I've GAINED weight since giving birth.