Ladies--how do you handle PMS appetite??

Options
124»

Replies

• sst036
    sst036 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Bearbo27 wrote: »
    I actually get the bloating, water weight gain, and intense hunger at ovulation time, instead of shark week. In fact, now that I've been paying attention to my food intake, I can actually pinpoint ovulation now (I've always had crazy cycles). The way I manage the hunger is I try and make sure I'm eating enough protein. I do let myself have chocolate and things I crave, I just weigh them and eat it slowly, lol. If there is a day where I just can't get the hunger out of my mind, I will eati above my deficit, but not over maintenance to help.
    After coming off BC for migraine reasons, I couldn't work out why I was ravenous two weeks before my period and so meh about food just before/during. It wasn't until I was tracking my cycle that the app pointed out that it was ovulation. I felt so stupid, I have a medical background and yet I bought into the idea that you only get cravings for chocolate at actual TOM.

I just accept that it will happen for a few days every month and try to make the best of the cravings by allowing myself to have decadent things then but not for the rest of the month. And water. I drink a lot of water to help prevent my stomach from sending me the wrong signal when I have chocolate and lollies around. I also try to up my incidental exercise by parking further away and taking the stairs or the long way around.