Your greatest feat of strength?

Options

Replies

• Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    My riding lawn mower got stuck on a root. My neighbor wasn't home, my BIL and my nephew were at work, and my oldest son is 12 and only weighs 100 pounds. I lifted it off the root. It wasn't pretty and there was a lot of cussing, but I did it. Those deadlifts are paying off!
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    BigmanTG wrote: »
    xuf8wsqerb33.jpg
    wtq9gkb5wtlf.jpg
    q27uxrg8a9td.jpg
    Not to bad for a 250 pd guy

Wow. Genuinely impressed!
  • BigmanTG
    BigmanTG Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    BigmanTG wrote: »
    xuf8wsqerb33.jpg
    wtq9gkb5wtlf.jpg
    q27uxrg8a9td.jpg
    Not to bad for a 250 pd guy

Wow. Genuinely impressed!

Thanks Richard!
  • SheWalksInMoonlight
    SheWalksInMoonlight Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Not as impressive as yours. Just that I stepped into a gym for the first time today
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Not as impressive as yours. Just that I stepped into a gym for the first time today

Look at it this way: from a percentage perspective, your strength potential just went off the charts, assuming that you picked up something heavy. ;)
  • richardpkennedy1
    Options

How's your progress?!
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    725 trap bar from 8in, 600.
    545x3 behind the back dead
    465 conventional dead
    110s DB bench x12
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Smashed my deadlift PR - 170 kg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzfmrY-Vje0
  • rednote49
    rednote49 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Definitely not as impressive as y'all and I've only been lifting for 3 months or so. But I was really excited when I leg pressed 190lbs. I weigh 180 so to me it was impressive
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options

Nice work!!
  • richardpkennedy1
    Options

Powerhouse!
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Gimsteinn wrote: »
    As a person who didn't do any sports until about a year ago I have to say that my greatest feat of strength was when I finally hit my goal and was able to do my first pull up few months back. Now I'm doing a lot more and I can hold an Iron X for almost a second lol...
    But for me, the biggest victory was to drop enough weight, yet be strong enough to do that 1 pull up. It took me about 6 months to reach that goal and it's something I was over the moon about.

YES!!! I remember the first pull-up I did like it was yesterday. I also was never athletic at all, and did my first real pull-up well past age 30. It was absolutely thrilling!
  • Okiludy
    Okiludy Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Jan 7th - Heavy singles day

Squat 3x1@395, 1@405, 1@410(PR at time)
    Bench 1@195, 1@200, 1@205, 1@215, 1@220, 1@225(PR at time)
    Deadlift 3@405, 1@455, 1@475, 1@485, 1@495(PR at time)
    Slingshot bench 3x5@225
    Rack pulls 3x5@405

I have hit higher numbers on all the lifts since then but hitting all 3 on the same day was nice. I look at it as one of my best days in gym so far. I even worked in some extra volume on the bench (worst lift) and deadlift (best lift). Squats belt and knee sleeves, bench wrist wraps, and deadlift belt only.
  • mikeb4bjj
    mikeb4bjj Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Not nearly as impressive as the guys who are actually good at lifting, but squatting 315 at my current weight of 180 is one I'm more proud of than squatting 400+ at 230.
  • Okiludy
    Okiludy Posts: 558 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Strong as *kitten*. You seemed to drift a bit on lift off toward toes and pulled that *kitten* right back in line. Can't wait to see the next one!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,152 Member
    Options
    My greatest feats of strength have to do with long distance cycling ... but there is a certain amount of leg strength involved in that.

I've done four 1200 km randonnees in four different countries. So that's cycling 1200 km in 90 hours or less, including all breaks. Since I'm not particularly fast, there's not much sleep involved.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    As always @Machka9, your endurance feats cycling always astounds me.

Cheers, h.