"Do any hot girls come in here?"

Options

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a nice guy, was obviously concerned about what women really want and willing to put his time and effort into being pleasing for them! He must have been asking about the hot girls so he could offer to train them so the creepy guys wouldnt bother them while they work out.

Upstanding citizen!
  • GIAngel222
    GIAngel222 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    My friend and I were using the squat rack and this guy is looking at us. He asked us a few harmless questions, one being "Are you sisters". Afterwards, I was alone waiting for my shake, the same guy approaches me, puts his hand on my shoulder, gets real close to my ear and says "I had a conversation with your boyfriend and he knows in the heart of hearts that he is just not good enough for you". I picked his hand up off my shoulder and said "Nice try buddy but I am married". He says "your husband is a lucky man" and walks away.
    Are you kidding me????? Not only are you hitting on me at the gym, touching me, invading my personal space but you are also insulting my "boyfriend". Did this guy really think that was going to work???
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Does this guy not have the internet or something? Seems like a better way to get your gawk on without coming off as a giant douchebucket.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsgBEpQPuh_9A3a9rAUrEeT676FzbK0jDDRnnoDn__aGIl7gcH5g
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I am in complete shock. I cannot believe a young man wanted to know if there were hot women. That is awful. Why isn't he in church or doing his homework?

Women. Know what that leads to.... marriage. Know what that leads to...... wanting to punch the same person in the face everyday for 16 consecutive years. At least I think....I mean, I'm not talking about me.

Carry on.
  • _Countryboy_
    Options
    what a *kitten* ;)
    I also prefer a bit of brain...

Do you enjoy your bit of brain lightly sauteed with some fava beans and a nice chianti?

:tongue:
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Thank you for wiping any unsure thoughts about my decision to work out at home! I know that men stare. Gym, hardware store, Denny's. Wherever. But I just feel much more vulnerable at the gym. I hate the idea of someone watching me when my face is all red, I smell bad, and I'm in my gross oversized tank top with the coffee stains on it.

I am starting to think I am especially fugly, because I'm rarely stared at, at least that I notice. But I go to Denny's maybe once every 5 years and I haven't been to a hardware store since ever, so maybe I'm just hanging at the wrong places.
  • impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    You sound like a Planet Fitness commercial. Seriously, you just stereotyped him because he had a gallon jug of water? What exactly is wrong with people who carry around a gallon jug of water in the gym? The guys I know who do that are competitors in strongman or bodybuilding competitions. There is nothing wrong with it and I really don't appreciate you implying that all guys with a jug of water are boneheaded *kitten*, ok?

I do apologize for insulting the "water juggers" i guess we can call them. I have no issue with people who are seriously there to work out and dont want to keep interrupting their work out with pit stops to the bubbler. However, this was not a guy doing that, he came in and after our quick conversation, went tanning and then did 3 ab work outs and left. Does anyone really need a gallon of water for 30 crunches and a few trunk twists?

Also, I never said that he was a boneheaded *kitten*. I was talking about a particular person, labeling his individual characteristics. I don't remember saying "Carrying his gallon jug of water like those muscle bound *kitten* clowns in a string tank top grunting at the reflection in the mirror like boneheaded *kitten*.." Although, I guess i just did, however, I hadn't before that.
    I assure you I did not mean to insult actual gym users / body builder types, there are a few that go to the gym here that I quite enjoy talking to.

I also would like to apologize to anyone else who may have been offended by this, it was simply me venting about a rare case I encountered while at work and was trying to vent / make light of the situation and entertain others. Next time I will post about clean eating or Hot or Not's.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Did this guy really think that was going to work???

Nothing's guaranteed to work, but he thought it might. People don't make bold moves like that, without a reasonable track record of past success.

The fact that it didn't work on you this time is irrelevant, since there's always someone else. And, he left it open for you to come back to him in the future, if you changed your mind. He has no idea if you're married or not, happily or not. That's why he asked.

Dumb would be glancing at you and not saying anything. and then hoping you come and ask him out. *That's* guaranteed not to work.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Thank you for wiping any unsure thoughts about my decision to work out at home! I know that men stare. Gym, hardware store, Denny's. Wherever. But I just feel much more vulnerable at the gym. I hate the idea of someone watching me when my face is all red, I smell bad, and I'm in my gross oversized tank top with the coffee stains on it.

It's not a reason to stay away. Yeah. You may get some glances here and there. The creepers like are mentioned in the OP are vary rare. At my gym, we have a nice little friendly community. I may not know a lot of their real names, but we all know each other. Most of us stick to working out, with the occasional nod or smile at each other. Some will stop and talk for a few seconds, but most just do their workout, and leave well enough alone.

As for being redfaced, sweaty, and smelly... We all are. There are the occasional "parrots" who just like to come in and show off their bright and color coordinated outfits like plumage, and just sit around and flirt, but they are usually just there in the evenings, and are more annoying for being in the way than they are critical of people working out.

Personally, I see someone (male or female, fat, skinny, whatever) who is hot and sweaty, and straining to get through their workout, I admire them for the effort that they are putting into getting fit.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    hmm. nothing wrong with that.
  • GIAngel222
    GIAngel222 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    Dumb would be glancing at you and not saying anything. and then hoping you come and ask him out. *That's* guaranteed not to work.
    [/quote]

True! I was uncomfortable with it and for me, married or single, it would never work but I definitely see your point!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I think the guy was meaning the women that come to the gym wearing make up and all dressed to the T to attract men. Not the ones that actually workout. And its not like women don't creep at the gym too, but they do.
  • BluejayNY
    BluejayNY Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    And this is why being single terrifies me. Ok not the single part, but why I may decide to die alone.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    with a skin tone that would make an oompa loompa jealous

I'm intrigued. What skin tone makes oompa loompas jealous?

Just curious - not a trap.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    And this is why being single terrifies me. Ok not the single part, but why I may decide to die alone.

Have a male friend workout with you and the guys won't creep on ya. I have a friend(female) that tells me that the men are to scared to creep on her while she is there working out with me. They think she is taken,lol.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I would have played dumb and said no we discourage children from working out and anyone with a fever of a 100 or more degrees should not be working out.
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Just as much as he is a tool, there are that many toolettes out there that look for people like him.

Snooki and the Situation...

/end of thread
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I would have played dumb and said no we discourage children from working out and anyone with a fever of a 100 or more degrees should not be working out.

I need a little mini-you to sit on my shoulder and whisper comebacks in my ear all day. :flowerforyou:
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    If he slipped you $20 I'm sure you would have pointed a few out.
  • ZiezieO
    ZiezieO Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    The nice thing is that YOU are a man and you knew what he as saying was rude. At least that's proof that there are good guys out there lookin' out for the ladies.