IIFYM Blueprint

Options
I originally started this on 10/4. I have been following it and keeping within my macros except for 2 days. I've been drinking between 96 and 128 oz of water a day. Still have not lost weight. I decided to drop down 10 carbs/5 fat yesterday, today I am up .4. I've gained about 1.4 lbs. since starting. I'm at a loss, should I just go back to eating low fat/1200 calories? My stats are 1660 calories - 120 protein - 150 carbs - 55 fat. Any advice would be appreciated.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Did you use mfp to come up with that calorie goal?
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Weight loss takes time. Generally lots of time.

How are you measuring your intake and ensuring this is accurate?

Hown tall are you, how much do you weigh, where did 1660 calories come from?

Have you started a new exercise regime?

Generic advice: Log intake accurately and monitor trends in weight, not isolated scale readings for a sustained period, then change up calories dependent on results.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go with water retention here. Give it time and you'll release that water but you might want to up your potassium a bit, you might have a sodium/potassium imbalance.
  • MPD6944
    MPD6944 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I paid IIFYM to come up with these numbers
  • MPD6944
    Options
    I'm going to go with water retention here. Give it time and you'll release that water but you might want to up your potassium a bit, you might have a sodium/potassium imbalance.

• MPD6944
    Options
    I believe this to be true as I can tell in my ankles lol. But it feels like I always go over in sodium. I'm losing patience
  • MPD6944
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    Weight loss takes time. Generally lots of time.

How are you measuring your intake and ensuring this is accurate?

Hown tall are you, how much do you weigh, where did 1660 calories come from?

Have you started a new exercise regime?

Generic advice: Log intake accurately and monitor trends in weight, not isolated scale readings for a sustained period, then change up calories dependent on results.

I weigh 151.4 now. Started at 150. I'm 5'2" and I weigh and measure everything. The 1660 comes from the blueprint I got. It uncles 2 days of cardio and 1 day of strength training which I've been doing

• MPD6944
    Options
    ^incldes, not uncles
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    MPD6944 wrote: »
    I paid IIFYM to come up with these numbers

Well IIFYM does tend to set protein rather high, but as others have said, you probably need to be more patient. Have you started working out more since you started as well?

What are your stats?
  • MPD6944
    Options
    Just a little more cardio

Stats are 120 protein 150 carbs 55 fat (just dropped carbs and fat - was 120/160/60)
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    I believe this to be true as I can tell in my ankles lol. But it feels like I always go over in sodium. I'm losing patience

Going over on sodium isn't a problem but you do need to balance out your electrolytes to ensure a probably water balance, that's all. Up your potassium a bit and see what happens. Also, if you feel you are getting too much sodium you should be able to find some alternatives that are lower in sodium. IFFYM is not a prescriptive diet per se so you should be able to lower your sodium by going with more whole and raw foods.

• MPD6944
    Options

Going over on sodium isn't a problem but you do need to balance out your electrolytes to ensure a probably water balance, that's all. Up your potassium a bit and see what happens. Also, if you feel you are getting too much sodium you should be able to find some alternatives that are lower in sodium. IFFYM is not a prescriptive diet per se so you should be able to lower your sodium by going with more whole and raw foods.

Thanks so much!! I will definitely do that!
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    1660 calories sounds like maintenance level calories for someone 5'2"- is that what they gave you? You have to implement a calorie deficit of 250 to 500 calories for weight loss.
  • courtneyfabulous
    edited October 2016
    Options
    That or you over estimated your exercise/acyivity level or are eating back calories of exercises - don't log exercise and eat back the calories in myfitnesspal if your macros were based on your activity level and workouts because those calories are already included.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    1660 calories sounds like maintenance level calories for someone 5'2"- is that what they gave you? You have to implement a calorie deficit of 250 to 500 calories for weight loss.

Agreed, unless you are particularly active in your day job, I can't imagine 1660 cals is giving you much of a deficit.
  • courtneyfabulous
    Options
    There's free macros calculators, and also free BMR & TDEE calculators online. I suggest you check a few out and see what numbers they give you and then average them & use that. Or at least can double check against the ones you were given.
  • MPD6944
    Options
    Ok. That's what I thought too but since I paid $47...thought it would be accurate. I put down that I do not have an active job and that I do cardio 2x week and strength training 1x. I'll check into the other calculators
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    I originally started this on 10/4. I have been following it and keeping within my macros except for 2 days. I've been drinking between 96 and 128 oz of water a day. Still have not lost weight. I decided to drop down 10 carbs/5 fat yesterday, today I am up .4. I've gained about 1.4 lbs. since starting. I'm at a loss, should I just go back to eating low fat/1200 calories? My stats are 1660 calories - 120 protein - 150 carbs - 55 fat. Any advice would be appreciated.

9 days isn't long enough to say something isn't working. Are you weighing and logging everything? When you log are you using correct entries (no homemade or generic)? That being said given your stats and activity it may be overestimated as high. I wouldn't go down to 1200 calories though. Stick to your macros for at least 4 weeks and then if no change consider reducing.
  • dredremeg
    dredremeg Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Why not use MFP calculations, you can adjust your macros.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Ok. That's what I thought too but since I paid $47...thought it would be accurate. I put down that I do not have an active job and that I do cardio 2x week and strength training 1x. I'll check into the other calculators

What exactly do you get for that much money...?