IIFYM Blueprint

Options
13»

Replies

• Constant_Nova
    Constant_Nova Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I agree with entering in your info on mfp. I tried the website that you speak of and it gave me a crazy amount of calories to eat each day, even though I said that I rarely work out. they gave me 1600 or so, mfp started me at 1460 to lose 1.5 lbs per week. 1200 to lose 2 lbs pr week. I'm 5'1 but i weigh a lot more than you.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I just input my details in IIFYM and it gave me a TDEE of 2400 calories which is pretty much the exact number my fitbit gives me. Both are overestimates imo, going by my weight loss results....
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Join the "IIFYM (- The official if it fits your macros Fanpage!) group on FB (it's the page for the website). Ask for a macro check, the admins on there are super helpful and will sort it all out.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    The iifym calculator has been off since the update. If you do a Google search you can find out how to calculate. It's pretty easy and works. No need to pay $47 (or even $1) for numbers.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    I need to set myself up a website and charge $50 for a random calorie goal and macro breakdown. Big money here we come.

If I didn't have a conscious I would have already beat you to it.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    I need to set myself up a website and charge $50 for a random calorie goal and macro breakdown. Big money here we come.

The diet industry is worth billions so hop on board!
  • MPD6944
    MPD6944 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Join the "IIFYM (- The official if it fits your macros Fanpage!) group on FB (it's the page for the website). Ask for a macro check, the admins on there are super helpful and will sort it all out.

Thanks!! I didn't even know they had that!
  • MPD6944
    MPD6944 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »
    The iifym calculator has been off since the update. If you do a Google search you can find out how to calculate. It's pretty easy and works. No need to pay $47 (or even $1) for numbers.

Well obviously I am new to this macro thing, I've done Weight Watchers for years and finally got sick of it after my last round didn't help me much and wanted to try something new since I now work out a lot more and have made it part of my lifestyle. So anyway I thought I would do the calculator wrong so I decided to just pay them to do it. What a joke huh!
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I have never really chased micros .. just go for the calorie goal and my micros seemed to fall into place . I just use what MFP calculates and aim for lower fat meats most of the.time .. lot of fish chicken pork .. if I chased micros my calories would.probably be off

Good luck