Weirdest food you've ever eaten?

Options
124»

Replies

• AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I ate an alligator empanada once. Best thing I ever ate.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    pbandwine wrote: »
    Tripe. Worst think I have ever put in my mouth

I like it Mexican style in Menudo, with homeny, lime and cilantro. Yummy!
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I've eaten Tripe. I've eaten blood sausage. These are acquired tastes and I won't eat just anyone's either. My mom was the best Puerto Rican cook ever...rest her soul.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    In the early 1970's I attended a Habu / Mongoose fight out in the Jungles of Okinawa. A Habu is similar to a Cobra. The Mongoose won and they auctioned off the Habu Meat. I bought it and took it back and had the Mama-San cook it up. Pretty tasty.

I also went to a Korean Wedding in the 80's. It was my Master in TKD. Afterwards, the women enjoyed the reception, while all the men went off to a local Korean Bar. We were in a dimly lit area and the servers would just bring tables full of drinks and snacks. It was very dark and I couldn't make out what one of the snacks was, but it was moving and crunchy. Didn't taste that great, but I could not refuse, given the company I was with. I was the only American and the only person that had less than a 6th Degree Black Belt.

I could probably name a dozen other things. I'm the kind of person that, if I see something on a menu I've never had, I am going to order it. Goat, Sea Urchin, Gopher, whatever.
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Y'all are so much braver than I am. I stick to what I know.
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    When I was very little my dad took us somewhere to eat crawdads and he told us to suck out the head...I couldn't do something like that now. I've had alligator and octopus which I think are at least exotic. A lot of southern food is a bit "out there" to me even though that's where I live and grew up. I don't think you could pay me to eat a chicken or pig's foot.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »
    Frog legs. They were good.

I want to try them badly...we have a nice little French place here and I'm surprised they don't have them...they're on my list.

Why not just buy them at a butcher shop? And cook them yourself?

I suppose I could...I'm going to my local butcher this weekend so I'll see if he has them...
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I guess bear. But its normal for me.
  • AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Nutella, peanut butter, granola - Doritos (I think?) sandwiches pretty much top my list.
    Not sure if it was nice - the hangover the next day reduced my memory to pulp (I rarely drink.. I was hungry and it seemed like a good idea at the time!).
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I cooked a raw octopus the other day