Pizza or Burger: What's Worse???

Options

Replies

• Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Worse? What is the criteria? Taste? Satiety? Calories per gram? What are you trying to accomplish, mass gain or fat loss? There is no way to even start to get into which is "worse", depends on too many subjective things.

Personally, I like them both.
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    The question is which is worse, pizza or burger?

The answer is kale. It is always kale.

Kale is definitely the worst. Unless you can find a good way to work it into the pizza or burger.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,180 Member
    Options
    Depending on a person's goals, both or nether. There is nothing intrinsically bad about either one though.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    The question is which is worse, pizza or burger?

The answer is kale. It is always kale.

Kale is definitely the worst. Unless you can find a good way to work it into the pizza or burger.

c4cd3f925f6178c2a01049ccace71cee1380d071067066948d8aada98802ff0c.jpg
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    Burgers are pretty healthy , especially homemade . Endless healthy topping choices and a good quality meat full of protein . Dozens of healthy bun choices . And pizza is all good every now and then .
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I've eaten pizza every day for the last 3 weeks I've worked from home and it's been glorious.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    It varies too much depending on ingredients and goals so it is impossible to say.
    I eat both regularly so I don't think either are bad for me. Some pizza or burgers are higher calorie than others but I choose things that fit my goals.
    Neither choice has to be greasy or high sodium, high sugar, etc. They are both easy foods to make at home adjusting ingredients to suit your goals if you don't like restaurant offerings.
    Why pick on pizza or burgers? Why not debate which is worse between a sub sandwich vs quiche? It makes as much sense.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly, I haven't really wanted pizza recently. It tastes fine, but I'd rather eat a burger.
  • CarlKRobbo
    CarlKRobbo Posts: 390 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    The only fair way to answer this is through testing..

Send us all your burgers\Pizza's and we shall try them all. It's the only fair way to make an informed decision... We shall get back to you post Carb Bloat\Carb Coma, Or, post Epic Food Baby....
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Like everyone else is saying, no way to compare, both differ so much.

I mostly have burgers at home. I don't like a lot of stuff on them (just onion, mustard, pickles), but eat them with lots of vegetables as sides, and they aren't high cal at all.

I occasionally make pizza at home (my family wanted fancy pizzas for Christmas Eve dinner last year, for example), but mostly get them at local Italian places, so they tend to be higher cal than my burger, but it depends on how much I eat. I like ones with lots of veg, no meat, or sometimes some sort of Italian ham. Usually with a salad on the side, not always. Usually I have a bit higher protein at my other meals in the day to make room for the sort of pizza I like (lower protein, higher fat than my average meal).

Neither strikes me as "unhealthy" or "heathier than the other." It just depends, and also depends on what you are going for. You can definitely find examples of both that are challenging to fit into an average day, but to my mind that doesn't make it unhealthy.
  • Red_Pill
    Red_Pill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    The question should be "Which is better?"

And I would debate with myself all day over that one.

This. Why do we always focus on the negative?

For your consideration... There's an old quote: "pizza is like sex, even when it's bad, it's still pretty good."

I don't think I've ever heard anything similar about a burger.

Ah man. You need a good mom & pop burger in your life. Not no McDonald's trash.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Red_Pill wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    The question should be "Which is better?"

And I would debate with myself all day over that one.

This. Why do we always focus on the negative?

For your consideration... There's an old quote: "pizza is like sex, even when it's bad, it's still pretty good."

I don't think I've ever heard anything similar about a burger.

Ah man. You need a good mom & pop burger in your life. Not no McDonald's trash.

I've had plenty of good burgers. I'm just saying that cold pizza is still pretty tasty. Cold burgers, not so much.
  • kotsosan
    kotsosan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I vote for burger... because...
    I eat burger as much as i can... but
    I eat pizza as much as it exists