Pizza or Burger: What's Worse???

Options

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    The question should be "Which is better?"

And I would debate with myself all day over that one.

Also an impossible question to answer.

Actually, the correct answer to it and many, many other questions (important life tip!) is "it depends." ;-)
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    So glad you asked this. I think pizza is more nutritious only because its the lesser of two evils.

One pizza slice has 295 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated), 38g carb, 10g protein. (Bet you can't eat just one).

A 1/4 lb burger and bun (without cheese or condiments) has 360 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated), 23g carb, 25g protein.

As you point out, that compares one slice of pizza (not usually considered a whole meal) to a whole burger (usually considered a whole meal). When you have 2 slices of pizza, which most people would, the pizza is higher.

And not taking into account that both pizza and burgers vary very differently depending on where and how they are made

I ate three slices of pizza last night-a burger would have been less calories. And I'm getting a chicken bacon sub at Subway for lunch today that will have more calories than the pizza I ate last night. So.... is my sub more evil than the pizza, which is more evil than the burger? I think the burger is winning here :D
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    The answer is "whichever one you don't want".

Usually, for me that'd be the burger. I just never really want a burger, or really much of anything that's mainly beef. I used to really like them, but somehow they've shifted to the 'meh' category without me really noticing.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    how bout a burger with two pieces of pizza as the bun.. .now that sounds like a good time haha.

Used to do this with Pizza Puffs - using two as buns with a 1/2 lb burger in the middle - heaven!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    The question should be "Which is better?"

And I would debate with myself all day over that one.

This. Why do we always focus on the negative?

For your consideration... There's an old quote: "pizza is like sex, even when it's bad, it's still pretty good."

I don't think I've ever heard anything similar about a burger.
    Little Ceasers, Pizza Patron, too much marinara, and spicy Italian sausage as a topping say different to me. :s

• jenkofb
    jenkofb Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Pizza Hut supreme vs a quarter pounder from McD's:

Screen_Shot_2016_10_22_at_8_58_08_AM.pngimages upload

Screen_Shot_2016_10_22_at_8_57_54_AM.pngimage upload

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    How about using the same serving size for both?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    jenkofb wrote: »

Kinda curious about what their criteria are for the grades.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

This really isn't a fair comparison IMO...I can have have a qtr Lb w/cheese as a meal...I'm not having a single slice of pizza as a meal...

Disclaimer: I don't think of either of those things as a real burger or real slice of pizza...that's just stuff made to look somewhat like a burger or pizza...but I'm a food snob that way.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options

So a normal serving size of pizza (2 slices) would have a few more calories than the burger.
  • flagrantavidity
    flagrantavidity Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Make them at home, then they both can be part of a balanced diet. 0ta16aioxoc7.jpg
    5lq6xn2j819f.jpg
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    For me? Pizza, because, lactose intolerance.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

This really isn't a fair comparison IMO...I can have have a qtr Lb w/cheese as a meal...I'm not having a single slice of pizza as a meal...

Disclaimer: I don't think of either of those things as a real burger or real slice of pizza...that's just stuff made to look somewhat like a burger or pizza...but I'm a food snob that way.

Neither a burger or a slice of pizza would make me full. 2 slices of pizza might though.. so I guess pizza wins (but really, a slice of supreme PAN pizza only 290 calories? I have a hard time believing that).
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    pi6kr5h012gw.jpeg
    5vqp2t3yqojg.jpg

The top one looks a little scary to me, but..oh.. that bottom one looks amazing.

If we're comparing Pizza Hut or a McDonald's burger above, I'd have to say the McDonald's burger is worse only because I prefer hamburgers with flavor.

If we're talking the quality stuff, though, then I need some elaboration on the definition of "worse" here....
  • flagrantavidity
    flagrantavidity Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    cheeseburger-in-can.jpg

:#
  • dkabambe
    dkabambe Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    The world has spoken.. http://worldversus.com/Burger-vs-Pizza
    (At time of posting 66.56% favoured a pizza)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    My love or hate all depends on what MFP tells me. If it hogs all my calorie allotment for the day it earns my gimlet eye. For that reason I have a hate-on for Red Robins and Carl's Junior for their calorie depth bombs.

That being said, I love my thin crust pizza slice, and a well-made burger, easy on the grease.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,022 Member
    Options
    I think burgers are worse.

I don't eat burgers, I find the format hard to get my mouth around and I don't enjoy messy eating.
    I don't like salad rolls for same reason.

But sandwiches or burgers ( ie just the meat patty) on BBQ is fine.

And i love pizza so pizza wins.

* above answer is totally subjective opinion and probably useless to everyone else. ;)