Does that make me crazy?

Options

Replies

• tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options

Also, I have conversations in my head... I'll play out scenrios, how things could have gone differently (maybe what I SHOULD have said or done) and I get so lost in them that I sometimes start talking outloud. > <

Yup, I do this too.

Lol I plan out conversations before they happen, and then I get upset when the other person doesn't follow my script.

I do this too!
    I get especially aggravated when I had played out 20 different scenarios and know how each would go, and somehow the other person picks the 21st scenario. :angry: :grumble: Don't they know what I just planned in my damn head?!!?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I wipe my azz from front to back.
    Even when in public restrooms.
    Even when drunk.
    Even when I run out of toilet paper.
    :cardboardrollcenterforyou:
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    If there is either wet paper or small bits of paper around me, I will become physically nauseous and HATE to touch them. Not quite a phobia but pretty close. Wet straw paper is the worst but torn up bits of paper really freak me out.
    Occasionally, when I am in the kitchen, I will "preach" to our two dogs. The room echoes really nicely and I do this old southern preacher voice. The dogs get a kick out of it but they're my only witnesses so far.
    I work in the roofing business and I love it. Enough said.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    I give animals and inanimate objects crazy voices and talk for them. HEY! it makes the kids laugh, and the voices in my head too...

oh yeah..like that...juss like that...thats good, lower, no really lower...way lower...

tumblr_moc1fdduoj1su2je2o1_250.gif
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    When I get French fries with ketchup packets, I squeeze a little bit on each fry individuality.
  • talk2elles
    talk2elles Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    If I go out for a while then I will sing to the cat when I come back (theme tune to New Girl) and then we miaow at each other for a few minutes

I only eat green M&Ms or smarties because when I was little they used to be white chocolate aliens

I do the housework in my underwear because I hate being hot and sticky

LISTS...I know I have to do the laundry, but if it isn't on my list then it probably won't be done. My SO bought me a 'to-do list book' last year and I was over the moon

I love cooking for other people but hate/won't cook for just myself

I HAVE to count stairs. When I went to New York I had to count the stairs up to the top of the Empire State Building!

I love weird food combinations with strong flavours: coronation chicken with Red Leicester and red onion, bacon and porridge, peanut butter with garlic soft cheese and smoked ham

Quite often when someone speaks I have the urge to sing song lyrics at them

I can't touch sprouting potatoes...they freak me out! Ditto for walking on grass; I can't do it!
  • KxCoyote
    KxCoyote Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    -I talk out loud, and give each 'opinion' a different accent/pitch.

-I have Typrophobia(fear of pits or seedy things in or under the skin/bone etc.

-I have 10 cats?

-I also have a taxidermy coyote :3
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I have conversations with my cat and act out her voice responding to me. She usually contradicts what I say and insults me.
  • Shari325
    Shari325 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I would rather have silence than hear a speaker crackle. It's worse than blackboard screeches.

THIS!!!
    Also, White Noise, that supposedly soothing sound that blocks out other noises, makes me anxious and nervous.
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    (When I am alone) I will talk out loud to myself ..... and answer myself too.

I have full on conversations with myself...even when my boyfriend is around. Of course half the time he's paying attention to the tv or to his computer so he doesn't hear these conversations.

When I hear a song on the radio, I can, many times, associate it with a movie or few that it's in. I drive my boyfriend crazy with my "what movie???" game....even though he's a film critic.

So glad I'm not the only one, usually the time I talk to myself is when I'm trying to get the housework done I talk about what my routine is lol oh well if I'm crazy so be it :-)
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I am like someone else mentioned; I talk to myself out loud and even answer myself. I spend a lot of time alone in my job environment so have to have someone to talk to :smile:
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Too much to list right now. I have to get ready to go to the gym. I have an appointment that isn't going to go well. I am either going to be very fat or not as fat as I want to be. Another words. If I am very fat it's gross, but I can diet down to an acceptable weight. Or I am pretty lean for my weight and I will be big no matter how much I diet down my weight only so low I can go with the lean mass that I have. Oh there that's it that's nuts.
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    If there is either wet paper or small bits of paper around me, I will become physically nauseous and HATE to touch them. Not quite a phobia but pretty close. Wet straw paper is the worst but torn up bits of paper really freak me out.

Then if you read my post, we could not be friends :cry:
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    <snip>
    I talk to my cats like they will answer me.

I do this too. I also sing songs to her that I make up on the fly.
  • welly5
    welly5 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I've thought about the same thing before I fall asleep for the past 5 or 6 years. It started as a way to stop my mind my chattering and let me fall asleep, but now I do it automatically:

I imagine that I'm on a small island on the ocean with various plants growing. Then I decide what I'm going to eat or image what my day would be like. Then I fall asleep. A number of times I had to try and stop doing it because it would mesh into my dreams and I had some terrible nightmares about someone being on my island with me, lurking around. And other nightmares about staring into the ocean and it being filled with dark, terrifying creatures and then falling in.

But usually I just sort of image an average day there and I fall asleep.

So.. totally normal.
  • angela9887
    angela9887 Posts: 26 Member
    Options

always.
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I separate candies like M&M's and Skittles by color and eat them in a circle from least favorite to most favorite until the quantities match and then go in the opposite order until they're gone.

I do this too!! I also eat the outside edge of a Reese's cup before eating the whole thing.

When I'm at a restaurant, I tear off tiny pieces of the straw wrapper and roll them up into little balls & set them on the table. Anyone who knows me well, gives me their wrappers as well. I'm sure the server cusses at me when I leave!

When I vacuum, I always move backwards out of the room and afterwards, I walk around the edges so I don't get footprints in the carpet....and threaten my kids if they do!

ARGGGHHH!!!! Yeah, you're right, there's no way we could have a meal out together! I'd go nuts! It's kind of funny, too, about the way you vacuum. I refuse to walk around the edges because I like to see my footprints in the weird patterns that I made. What's really cool is the footprints if you do a cardio video after vacuuming! :)

We could be friends but no eating out!!! :)
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options

always.

I do this...but during the day I'm not alone. My office mate hears it all and has learned to block me out at times. LOL
  • jaycbadass
    jaycbadass Posts: 325
    Options

always.

I do this...but during the day I'm not alone. My office mate hears it all and has learned to block me out at times. LOL

This is actually indicative of someone with High Mental activity. I do it all the time..Now if you start laughing with yourself while rocking back and forth , then you may have a mild form of schizophrenia
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I'm almost always playing with something in my hand, a rubber finger, ribbon, my shirt, anything... :ohwell: