Don't you hate it when people try to talk to you while workin out?

Options

Replies

• thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    Ladies attempt to talk to me all the time. Hey I saw you on the train, hey cool glasses, hey I am having my period.

I politely oblige and humour them because..... well, obviously!

Okay I understand, the 1st 2; as potentially flirting but then again I don't, unless they didn't see; your wedding ring but why inform you, of their menstruation; regardless of your marital status and/or their interest, in you?

Because he wants you to know he's blowing smoke up your backside?
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    edited October 2016
    Options
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    Options
    Ladies attempt to talk to me all the time. Hey I saw you on the train, hey cool glasses, hey I am having my period.

Okay I understand, the 1st 2; as potentially flirting but then again I don't, unless they didn't see; your wedding ring but why inform you, of their menstruation; regardless of your marital status and/or their interest, in you?
    I just posted it out of context for the shock value, Duchess! The news media does it all the time, why not me ;)

Here's an old post from the fitness board... where I documented a few of my conversations.
    I always use the stairmaster, because I am a regular.

Became friends with another regular, she was like a 50 year old mom who was very chatty and is sort of a diva. She would tell me at the passing of every woman, "honey, those tits are fake". "Oh that is real". Because up on the stairmaster, you have an aerial view of the whole gym.

This second time, a woman adjacent on the stairmaster row told me she was having her period. Right out of the blue. She then proceeded to say she apologizes if it smells bad. I kept sniffing after that and there was no odour.

Then another time, a stairmaster woman turned to fox news. Then came another woman to bike and she changed to msnbc to see keith olbermann. Stairmaster woman goes down grabs the remote and puts o reilly back on. Bike woman changes back to msnbc. Stairmaster woman shouts, "you *kitten* *kitten*" and she walks out. Bike woman then tells me, "hon I am sorry you had to witness that".

Another time, fresh during the ipad craze in 2010 april. Dude goes on the stairmaster with his ipad. Ipad falls and screen cracks and dude starts crying. He had tears and running nose like someone died. He was middle aged and you don't see this kind of kiddie behaviour with middle aged fellas.

Another time, a woman is on the stairmaster and she is wearing a very short skirt with a thong. You can see it when you climb next to her and start working out. She leans to me and asks, "excuse me, is my underwear visible, i'm sorry". I say, well I didn't quite notice. She says, "liar". I was like, "excuse me". She says, "there is no way you can miss it, be honest." I was like what the fuuudge.

Another time on the stairmaster, a guy is working out and sneezes and phlegm flies out on all the people on the spinning bikes placed right before the stairmaster row.

What thread was this on? Because it sounds like some craziness I dealt with at the gym. Hence the username.

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Let's not encourage him, okay?

Let's not be jealous, of him; okay?

I'm not jealous. Why would I be jealous?

He said women approach him with their periods; women approach me with their exclamation points.

Because you could click ignore, instead of caring enough; to complain!
  • DeficitDuchess
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @DeficitDuchess made my day.

May all Santas in New Jersey arrive at your doorstep this Christmas ;)

You're welcome & thank you! :)
  • 285to170
    285to170 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    My trainer used to try to make jokes when I first started out. He always got a *kitten* you very much and a bitchy glare. Like no I don't want to laugh while trying to do these evil burpees.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    Options
    I was in the middle of a set and a nice lady approaches me and starts talking.

She was attempting to ask me something about .... I don't know what.

I totally ignored her. I looked right through her like she wasn't even there.

She got the message pretty quick and sulked away.

Point is:

Don't talk to others when others are lifting.
    Wipe down benches after use.
    Don't stand between the person lifting and the mirror.
    Always rack your weights; always.
    Put your &^!%! Phone away.

Others? .......

...keep polite distance - don't invade my personal space

Stop innundating people with a list of rules as if you owned the place. Because some people don't rack because they can't - they actually gave their workout 100%. And some people listen to music/motivational stuff or log their workouts on their phones, so, yah.

But on the topic of racking, so annoyed at having to go on a hunt for the right weight! But I get it.

If you can lift it, you can rack it.

You gave 100%? Then buck up and give more.

When I was a lil boy... maybe four or five years old, my mom would tell me most every night:

Always brush your teeth. Always make your bed and..... always rack your weights; it's just good form.

You are single, right?
  • DeficitDuchess
    edited October 2016
    Options

I don't understand how the validity, matters enough to care; this deeply!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options
    I was in the middle of a set and a nice lady approaches me and starts talking.

She was attempting to ask me something about .... I don't know what.

I totally ignored her. I looked right through her like she wasn't even there.

She got the message pretty quick and sulked away.

Point is:

Don't talk to others when others are lifting.
    Wipe down benches after use.
    Don't stand between the person lifting and the mirror.
    Always rack your weights; always.
    Put your &^!%! Phone away.

Others? .......

...keep polite distance - don't invade my personal space

Stop innundating people with a list of rules as if you owned the place. Because some people don't rack because they can't - they actually gave their workout 100%. And some people listen to music/motivational stuff or log their workouts on their phones, so, yah.

But on the topic of racking, so annoyed at having to go on a hunt for the right weight! But I get it.

If you can lift it, you can rack it.

You gave 100%? Then buck up and give more.

When I was a lil boy... maybe four or five years old, my mom would tell me most every night:

Always brush your teeth. Always make your bed and..... always rack your weights; it's just good form.

You are single, right?

Hahaha... nope

Re5pext.

• thisonetimeatthegym
    Options

What? Do we actually care? Or are we chit chatting on a thread in the chit chat section?
  • DeficitDuchess
    edited October 2016
    Options

What? Do we actually care?

I don't but you cared enough, to make an issue; of it!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    No one ever tries to talk to me at the gym. And I always rack my weights.
  • Motorsheen
    Options

I always rack my weights.

Bless you my child.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    No one ever tries to talk to me at the gym. And I always rack my weights.

Nobody tries talking to you?

Either you're plugged in with ear buds or you're rockin your game face; am I right?

Heck..... I'm always tempted to say "hello" , at the very least, to a pretty girl.

(Gym setting notwithstanding )
  • LuminaStele
    LuminaStele Posts: 85 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I wish people talked to me..

Was someone serious that they can't rack their weights?! Whoa..