Is this a gym or a high school?

Options

Replies

• Gaygirl2120
    Gaygirl2120 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    GiddyupTim wrote: »
    Oh, c'mon people. Most of us go to the gym at the same time every day, every week. So do other people. And you're going to just keep staring at the ground every time you see/pass that same person for the umpteenth time?
    Jeez. Get over your ridiculous insociability. You don't have to set everything aside for a deep heart-to-heart. But, give 'em a little wave, at least.

I'll give a wave or nod, but that's about it.

• Gaygirl2120
    Options
    MrWilson6 wrote: »
    Jax2120 wrote: »
    So when I go to the gym I keep to myself & just focus on my workout. If someone says Good Morning to me of course I'll reply. There are maybe 2 people that I will chat with briefly. I avoid most other people because they spend more time standing around & talking than they do working out. Hey if that's your thing then fine, but don't expect everyone else to have to be a part of it. So I just focus on my workout & go home. The other day one of the only people who I will talk to comes up to me & tells me that this other guy at the gym asked him why I don't like him & wont talk to him. Really? This is your focus at the gym? How is me speaking to you the least bit relevant to you or your workout? Please get your priorities in order. Sorry just had to do a quick rant.

Exactly!! I think you nailed it right on the head, and is one of the reasons why I was frustrated by going to the gym. The whole reason on going in the first place, is to workout/exercise and feel good about yourself, isn't it?!? The gym isn't a night club, or some other pick-up joint. Like you said, there are those who you don't mind saying hello to, but otherwise I'm there for me, myself, and I.

Yeah I just like to zone out & ignore everything around me.
  • Gaygirl2120
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    If I got pissed every time some one tried to chat with me, I would need a Xanax by the time I left. I just embrace it. I'm a people person and will get the workout done regardless. As long as it's while I'm resting, it's whatever.

See what you said there you are a "people person" I am not & never have been. I'll say good morning, give a quick wave or nod. But that's all you will get from me. I hate being bothered when I'm trying to workout.

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Maybe he likes you and that is his way to get your attention.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    If I got pissed every time some one tried to chat with me, I would need a Xanax by the time I left. I just embrace it. I'm a people person and will get the workout done regardless. As long as it's while I'm resting, it's whatever.

See what you said there you are a "people person" I am not & never have been. I'll say good morning, give a quick wave or nod. But that's all you will get from me. I hate being bothered when I'm trying to workout.

Yea, that's fine. We are all different. Wasn't poo-pooing on you or anything. I just look at it differently. I do go to the gym the same time usually so I see the same people. Most of them being dudes and women who just want tips.
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    Options
    futureicon wrote: »
    ... Its like standing at the urinal in the men's room.. it's like taboo.
    Um, I do generally stand while in front of a men's room urinal... ... do some men sit?

@Jax2120 -- I understand fully, not that I'd get approached, but there's just too much 'social life' going on and getting in the way of personal progress at some of the gyms. Do you have other options?
  • Gaygirl2120
    Options
    futureicon wrote: »
    ... Its like standing at the urinal in the men's room.. it's like taboo.
    Um, I do generally stand while in front of a men's room urinal... ... do some men sit?

@Jax2120 -- I understand fully, not that I'd get approached, but there's just too much 'social life' going on and getting in the way of personal progress at some of the gyms. Do you have other options?

Not until I win the lottery & can afford my own personal home gym lol

• Gaygirl2120
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »

Well he will be very disappointed if he thinks there is any chance that I would have mutual feelings.
  • Gaygirl2120
    Options
    I always disrupt others to find out when they are going to leave.

But when someone does that to me, I go full Lex Luthor ;)

Ah the double standard.

OP, don't be anti-social. Gym is also a social scene. Don't treat it like you are training for the hunger games. Lighten up.

I'm not there to be social & anyone who thinks I am will be very disappointed.
    Really??

What if I tell you you may be missing out on a love at first sight deal with a Colin Firth-ish character? Still no? ;)

Definitely no
  • Gaygirl2120
    Options

Well he will be very disappointed if he thinks there is any chance that I would have mutual feelings.
    Just curious. Why would you say that?

Men express interest in women in some form. Some buggers chase them down the yogurt aisle and ask them out. Isn't that how the cookie crumbles?!

Because first off I'm in a relationship with an amazing Woman already. If I was single I would have 0 interest in dating anyone that goes to my gym.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

Men express interest in women in some form. Some buggers chase them down the yogurt aisle and ask them out. Isn't that how the cookie crumbles?!

Because first off I'm in a relationship with an amazing Woman already. If I was single I would have 0 interest in dating anyone that goes to my gym.

Snap ;)

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Lesbihonest, you'd like it if I chatted with you... Just saying.

• Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    Options

That makes sense. Good answer, because I was preparing to go into heavy artillery mode ;)

Well, in general, a lot of men express their interest in women, which is fair game. But many women act like they are God's gift to men and throw these guys around (OMG I am wayyyy out of his league). I thought this was another of those threads.

Ummmm... no.

Just for clarification, women are God's gift to men, so it's 100% cool if they act the part.

Maybe when men express interest in women their response isn't "OMG I am way out of his league", it's "Not interested. Period." Projection is unhealthy, bro. ;)
  • Gaygirl2120
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

That makes sense. Good answer, because I was preparing to go into heavy artillery mode ;)

Well, in general, a lot of men express their interest in women, which is fair game. But many women act like they are God's gift to men and throw these guys around (OMG I am wayyyy out of his league). I thought this was another of those threads.

Are you serious with this? Do you live in some weird throwback to a previous decade?

Women are not obligated to let you down easy or provide a reason that they don't want to date you or anyone else. Neither are men, for that matter. "No" is a complete sentence and perfectly sufficient for when a stranger propositions you. OP didn't say a single word about being out of anyone's league, I don't know what you're projecting exactly but I think it says a lot more about you than about "women". Sigh.

Yup you hit the nail right on the head.
  • jolive7
    jolive7 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    For a lot of these people the gym is an outlet.. for some it is their only "happy" place. So I don't judge the people who are in there for 2 hours talking etc, they see their friends, maybe learn new things from others and have a good time. I know plenty of people at my gym go for a 60 min workout and hangout for another hour just because they love it there. You see the same people every day there, couldn't hurt to get to know their name and have a little chat, I chat for total 10 min max in between my sets and it makes the gym a pleasant place to be..
  • Gaygirl2120
    Options
    jolive7 wrote: »
    For a lot of these people the gym is an outlet.. for some it is their only "happy" place. So I don't judge the people who are in there for 2 hours talking etc, they see their friends, maybe learn new things from others and have a good time. I know plenty of people at my gym go for a 60 min workout and hangout for another hour just because they love it there. You see the same people every day there, couldn't hurt to get to know their name and have a little chat, I chat for total 10 min max in between my sets and it makes the gym a pleasant place to be..

I love the gym it's a very pleasant place for me. But I'm just not that friendly type in general. If you are then I see how talking to people there would make it a more pleasant experience for you. But for an introvert like myself it would have the opposite effect.
  • jolive7
    jolive7 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    jolive7 wrote: »

I love the gym it's a very pleasant place for me. But I'm just not that friendly type in general. If you are then I see how talking to people there would make it a more pleasant experience for you. But for an introvert like myself it would have the opposite effect.

I get that and I actually am an introvert, I used to want to go to the gym and not even look at anyone! I used to feel the exact same way until I met some awesome people who are the most motivating, I have completely changed my training, hit PBs with their encouragement, learn about nutrition. For me, I have totally changed my mind!
  • Ocrgrrrl
    Ocrgrrrl Posts: 189 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Lesbihonest, you'd like it if I chatted with you... Just saying.

Ahahaha!!!! I bet she would. ;)