What trendy foods do you refuse to purchase?

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I also saw people wondering why people eat turmeric. It tastes good, so it makes my food yummier. But, it was suggested by my Rheumatologist as a possible way to reduce inflammation. For people with inflammation pain disorders. To help avoid meds. We are keeping me off meds as long as we can because I only developed these problems from misdiagnoses and medical injury. It's harmless enough to be worth a try.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Bacon. I don't eat pig anyway but the add bacon to everything craze seriously squicks me.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Bacon. I don't eat pig anyway but the add bacon to everything craze seriously squicks me.
    I love bacon in sweets to be honest.

Crispy bacon by itself? :s

• fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options

i dont eat pig anymore. i used to love bacon especially dipped in syrup with breakfast. It was so easy for me to give up and havent missed it once.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I also saw people wondering why people eat turmeric. It tastes good, so it makes my food yummier. But, it was suggested by my Rheumatologist as a possible way to reduce inflammation. For people with inflammation pain disorders. To help avoid meds. We are keeping me off meds as long as we can because I only developed these problems from misdiagnoses and medical injury. It's harmless enough to be worth a try.

My lab just released research on tumerics effect on reducing/halting alzheimers progression. It is definitely worth a try.
  • renae161
    renae161 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Omg when bacon was a huge trend and they started making bacon toothpaste, bacon soap, and bacon shampoo. No thank you, I don't want my hair to smell like bacon and get attack by animals on the trails haha
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    renae161 wrote: »
    Omg when bacon was a huge trend and they started making bacon toothpaste, bacon soap, and bacon shampoo. No thank you, I don't want my hair to smell like bacon and get attack by animals on the trails haha
    Hah, at least pumpkin spice soap makes sense.

• kiwiapplepear
    kiwiapplepear Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    coconut water- No thanks.... oh CRONUTS lol are they still trendy? Stevia also tastes horrible... its in everything at the mo.
  • renae161
    Options
    coconut water- No thanks.... oh CRONUTS lol are they still trendy? Stevia also tastes horrible... its in everything at the mo.

They don't sell cronuts anywhere near here, but someone told me about stevia as a replacement sugar I think though I can't really remember tbh. I was looking it up and then it said something about it could possibly mess with your fertility, but there isn't any studies on humans though....I don't think I will try it.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    Now, I focus on a non-food related social life

:sunglasses:

Absolutely!! This is something I try to do most of the time. :)
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    Coconut water literally makes me gag. It is disgusting. And I've never actually had kale that I'm aware of ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    Oh, I've never had acai anything either. I've never actually said the word out loud and am unsure how to pronounce outside of my head lol.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »
    Any kind of nut "milk". And only because I don't believe for a minute it is "milk" of any sort. It's nut juice (which probably wouldn't sell as well).

And yes, I am aware I am being absurd, but for some reason this one has always irritated me. :)

hjzzvs2d0lxv.jpg

LMAO so hard, now my eyes are peeing!
  • renae161
    Options
    Oh man that pic and name is just wrong lol
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    What is that supposed to be, anyway? A "nutt"?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »
    Any kind of nut "milk". And only because I don't believe for a minute it is "milk" of any sort. It's nut juice (which probably wouldn't sell as well).

And yes, I am aware I am being absurd, but for some reason this one has always irritated me. :)

hjzzvs2d0lxv.jpg

LMAO so hard, now my eyes are peeing!

HAHHAHAAA thanks for the laugh
  • renae161
    edited October 2016
    Options

Lmao I think it's a foreign company trying to translate into English and as for the picture it was supposed to show cream swirling into coffee, but someone dented the bag to make it look like a penis hahaha
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    renae161 wrote: »

Lmao I think it's a foreign company trying to translate into English and as for the picture it was supposed to show cream swirling into coffee, but someone dented the bag to make it look like a penis hahaha

Actually, I wish I never googled it to show my friends, because it turns out it's an altered picture of a carton of buttermilk. :(
  • 25lbsorbust
    25lbsorbust Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Soaked chia seeds. BLEH. Looking at them is enough to make me nauseous.