Powdered peanut butter

Options
Has anyone ever tried powdered peanut butter?

Replies

• mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    PB2 is the best! The PB2 chocolate is even better. That said it isn't oily or thick like real peanut butter. I really like it though. Amazon has a good deal on both.
  • tntmonton
    tntmonton Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well, each to their own. I don't like it, but a friend of mine loves it. They PB flavor is there, but it's just missing something. You may have to just try it for yourself.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I add it to oatmeal and smoothies. less fat and no oily mess either.
  • she_lived_wholly_forevermore
    she_lived_wholly_forevermore Posts: 179 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I prefer the jif chocolate peanut butter powder but pb2 works in a pinch. Don't go in expecting the delicious flavor and comfort of peanut butter though.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I love it, but I never use it as 'spreadable-make-a-sandwich' peanut butter. I use in recipes that call for peanut butter like peanut noodles, shakes, oatmeal mix-in, muffins, etc.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,991 Member
    Options
    I bought a bag of powdered peanut butter a couple of months ago. Tried it. It tasted ok but I prefer the real thing and haven't tried it again yet.

Should just toss a couple of tbsps in my morning protein shake to use it up, but the amount of protein (5G) in it just doesn't justifythe extra caloric intake (45 cals) IMO.
  • kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I use a brand called PB and Me (I think it's Canadian) which I much prefer to PB2. It's good in oatmeal and smoothies, but I even like this particular brand as a spread. Peanut butter is one of those foods I'm not good at enjoying in moderation but I'm fine with having the powdered stuff around the house and it tastes good, so it does the trick for me!
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i personally dont like it by itself. in things its ok but on toast or to dip stuff in i need the real stuff
  • Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    OMG yes! A spoonful of PB2 in my morning oats is da bomb diggity!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I never eat it on its own, but I love it in protein shakes, oats, cottage cheese (seriously, powdered peanut butter in cottage cheese with chopped apples is DA BOMB), and yogurt. I also like it in noodle sauces and for home made protein bars.

I like the Jif. I've never had good luck getting the PB2. Every jar of that I've bought has had an off taste.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,595 Member
    Options
    If you had a little honey to it, it's more like reg peanut butter..
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I buy protein plus (no salt or sugar) peanut flour and use it for my Asian peanut sauces. If I drank smoothies I would absolutely add it to those too.
  • tmoneyag99
    tmoneyag99 Posts: 480 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    see below
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    PB2 is good mixed into Greek yogurt also.
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I have seen a lot of recipes using it, so I bought a container of the PB2 a few weeks ago to try. Still sitting there un-opened. I love peanut butter and I plan on using this for some treats but havent gotten around to it yet.
  • tmoneyag99
    Options
    Ingredients:

Roasted peanuts, sugar, salt.

Serving size: 2 Tablespoons (12 grams)

Servings per container: 15

Calories: 45

Calories from fat: 13

Value and % Daily Value*

Total fat 1.5 g 2%
    Saturated fat 0 g 0%
    Trans fat 0g
    Cholesterol >0.01 mg 0%
    Sodium 94 mg 4%
    Total carbohydrate 5 g 2%
    Dietary fiber 2 g 8%
    Sugars 1 g
    Protein 5 g

Vitamin A <1%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium <1%
    Iron 0%
  • tmoneyag99
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I always use way more than 2 tbs to get the flavor. So for me it's not good. YMMV
  • DBrooks1979
    DBrooks1979 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I have tried the PB2 just the way they say to make it into peanut butter.. its good but not got the same taste as regular because there is no oil in it.. its basically dehydrated peanut butter... all natural... I have gotten to where I use it in my protein shakes rather than just making it into peanut butter.. has a great flavor and adds the little extra protein to it. I have seen the PB2 Chocolate.. but as I am not a huge chocolate person I have never tried that.

check out my diary.. under my breakfast where it is used daily...
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I love PB2, rarely use it now that I'm in maintenance and no longer dieting. I dunno where people get the "it's half sugar" but the ingredients are listed, they simply remove most of the fat to make it lower calorie. 2 tbsp usually isn't enough though, I usually put about 4-6 tbsp worth (up to 36g) mixed with water on bread for a sandwich.
  • DBrooks1979
    DBrooks1979 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    tmoneyag99 wrote: »
    see below

actually its almost no sugar.. only 1g of sugar for the PB2... one serving size 2tbs.