Powdered peanut butter

Options

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I've tried it and I like it. I mixed a tablespoon of PB2 with 4 oz plain yogurt and I think I added a teaspoon of chia seeds. It worked well together. I actually bought the PB2 to make overnight oats but I haven't done that yet.

Oh, I use Smuckers Natural Chunky on bread. I'm not completely crazy.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    it is like someone's sad memory of peanut butter.
  • fatsince4
    fatsince4 Posts: 7 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Since I discovered PB2, I have never bought another jar of regular peanut butter. PB2 mixed in yogurt and oatmeal gives me the peanut butter taste I want and I don't take the huge calorie hit as I would with regular peanut butter. In a nutshell... SO GOOD!
  • KombuchaKat
    KombuchaKat Posts: 134 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Not a fan. There is no need to fear dietary fat. Why suck the life out of a perfectly healthy, whole food?
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I like Jif powdered peanuts better than PB2
  • tmoneyag99
    tmoneyag99 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Not a fan. There is no need to fear dietary fat. Why suck the life out of a perfectly healthy, whole food?

Exactly. If you use the organic or natural kind, it's a great source of good fat. And since sugar is the 2nd ingredient listed in the list, it makes up a large portion. I used to make PB smooties for my husband and I and it would take at least a cup of the stuff to get the flavor. When I calculated the calories and sugar amounts for a cup of PB2 I went back to natural PB which had less sugar ratio to protien and fat. We were more satiated and didn't use as much.

Remember a lot of times when companies take out the fat they replace it with sugar. The flavor has to come from some where.

Now if you are just going to stick to 1tbs a pop. By all means go there. But if you are using cups of the stuff at a time don't waste your $$$$
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

I'm older (not very tall). I just don't have the calories to spare by adding 200 calories to oatmeal.
  • Melij
    Melij Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I had to add a sprinkle of salt to Jif powder, prefer PB2. I eat it often, PBJ sandwiches, PB with banana, PB with apple slices.
  • MonaLisaLianne
    MonaLisaLianne Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I have used the PB Fit and liked it. It has 10 more calories per serving than PB2 - the extra sugar, probably. I'm in a maintenance mode lately, so haven't used it much. I like to spread it on a square of dark chocolate for a treat - almost as good as a Reese's Cup. Or spread it on a brown-rice cake & sprinkle with a little sea salt. It's also good in Asian-style recipes that call for peanuts or peanut butter. Satay chicken, pad thai noodles, my version of cold sesame noodles, etc.

It's clearly not as yummy as real peanut butter (I'm a fan of Crazy Richard's chunky without sugar) but when getting pounds off it definitely has a place in my pantry.
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Love PB2. I also like to cook with it and make a satay sauce for peanut chicken, etc. Good in protein shakes, use it on occasion in my ezekiel bread french toast, overnight oats, etc.
  • jvanessa89
    jvanessa89 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Exactly!!!
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    It is the only PB I use anymore. I use it as a mix and a spread.
  • ehaleyhoward2778
    ehaleyhoward2778 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Big PB2 fan. Chocolate and regular. Goes good with honey and dark chocolate chips on sandwich thins, awesome in Greek yogurt with some chopped bananas, good in protein smoothies, mixed with granola, or just on a spoon☺️
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I dont use PB2 I use peanut butter and company mighty powdered peanut butter. I have a vanilla flavored one and a flax seed and chia one. they have other kinds too.
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I just bought some chocolate PB2 last week but I have not tried it.
  • ketocouverbabe
    ketocouverbabe Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    they have pb2 at costco! i was surprised but haven't cracked it open.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I use peanut powder (bought some no doubt overpriced version from WF, since I couldn't find the PB2 when I looked in my non WF grocery) and enjoy it.

I don't really like the texture of peanut butter (I like whole peanuts, though), so it works for me for how I like to use it, mainly in a smoothie or some other recipe. (Yes, I know admitting I'm not that into peanut butter is a heresy in these parts.)
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Yep, currently eating PB2 (the chocolate version) with a honey crisp apple.
  • withoutasaddle
    withoutasaddle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I love pb2, but I don't mix it with water. Usually a nut milk or sugar free syrup, which seems to help get the taste and texture closer to the real thing. In smoothies and stuff though it's my favorite!!
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    ... is gross. i would rather eat the real thing or not at all.