I really really want to get married!!!

Options

Replies

• Heartisalonelyhunter
    Options
    jkal1979 wrote: »
    runwmeNC wrote: »
    Then I wouldn't have to keep working out and eating healthy to remain marketable for the fairer sex. If I was married, she would be mine and I would be hers for better or for worse.... <--- love that loop hole in the system!

Have you watched 90 day fiancé? A commodity spouse is only a click away!
    civ01axvpft1.jpeg

Ha! There is a guy on there this season that has been complaining about his fiancée's weight since they finally met in person. When she can't keep up he calls her lazy. The entire show is insane.

He clearly can't stand her and she's cheated on him already. That whole show is an awesome trainwreck!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    Not worth it. Just let yourself go and save yourself the misery now.

Agreed. Just get some cats. They won't care what you look like.

cats like it when you're squishy. mine started giving me some real stink-eye when i was biking a lot and she kept kind of slithering off my new quads.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Still gotta stay fit for the hot sex and healthy life and fun stuff.
  • futureicon
    futureicon Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Listen OP, in some cases if you want to feel the loneliest you have ever felt in your life...get married. Its great for the first several years. Add kids and they are wonderful....but thats the trap. You don't want to mess up their life by breaking apart their family unit and shattering their world so you just give up you. Then you become a non person. Thats what marriage is, For some people. However, then again, some people have happy happy times with their marriages for their whole lies...I mean lives....and have happy life long marriages. I read about that all the time on Facebook. So its different for everyone. Some people are in a wait and see. You just never know.

This..
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    As long as you don't go doing shish behind her back, sure, she'll be yours.
  • runwmeNC
    runwmeNC Posts: 612 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Wow..lots of sage advice here, and while I do like cats, crazy cat dude doesn't have the same ring to it as crazy cat lady, besides, I like to travel so pets would be difficult.

No, it needs to be a woman. I'm in the best shape I've been since 20s, so my current marketability is at its peak. Either spunky or a work in progress that we can shrink together during dating/courtship/engagement and then GROW together after we say I do and belong to one another for better or worse :smirk:
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Options
    Listen OP, in some cases if you want to feel the loneliest you have ever felt in your life...get married. Its great for the first several years. Add kids and they are wonderful....but thats the trap. You don't want to mess up their life by breaking apart their family unit and shattering their world so you just give up you. Then you become a non person. Thats what marriage is, For some people. However, then again, some people have happy happy times with their marriages for their whole lies...I mean lives....and have happy life long marriages. I read about that all the time on Facebook. So its different for everyone. Some people are in a wait and see. You just never know.

This is true. I have been in exactly this position and getting the courage to leave was the toughest thing I've ever done. Especially as I was used to putting what I wanted last. But I survived. My kids are ok. I read somewhere that self-improvement is more important than self-sacrifice. If you're married to the wrong person you have to leave.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I expect my husband to remain marketable, thank you very much.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    runwmeNC wrote: »
    Wow..lots of sage advice here, and while I do like cats, crazy cat dude doesn't have the same ring to it as crazy cat lady, besides, I like to travel so pets would be difficult.

What about just saying crazy cat culprit?
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I expect my husband to remain marketable, thank you very much.

Me too
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

I swear we live the same life. And yes, those people on FB are trying to convince themselves how happy their lives are even more so than other people.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options

What if I told you that kids are not a requirement?!