I really really want to get married!!!

Options

Replies

• lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Listen OP, in some cases if you want to feel the loneliest you have ever felt in your life...get married. Its great for the first several years. Add kids and they are wonderful....but thats the trap. You don't want to mess up their life by breaking apart their family unit and shattering their world so you just give up you. Then you become a non person. Thats what marriage is, For some people. However, then again, some people have happy happy times with their marriages for their whole lies...I mean lives....and have happy life long marriages. I read about that all the time on Facebook. So its different for everyone. Some people are in a wait and see. You just never know.

@liftinglady5 Very insightful; wise and on-target.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    runwmeNC wrote: »
    Marriage doesn't have to be hard. It should be your best friend and to treat one another with love and respect.
    Why introduce harsh / angry words into the relationship. Call me a dreamer, but I do feel that marriages can be where both partners prop one another up for the greater good.

Marriage is hard, relationships are hard. But I do agree it can be worth it. IF both people are willing to work for it. That's the hard parting. Finding a real, honest person that won't give up and run the minute life gets uncomfortable.
  • PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Runnn dont do it.... please save your self...
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    "Both men and women benefit from marriage, but men seem to benefit more overall. In addition to being happier and healthier than bachelors, married men earn more money and live longer. And men can reap such benefits even from mediocre marriages, while for women, the benefits of marriage are more strongly linked to marital quality."

From

http://family-studies.org/why-men-resist-marriage-even-though-they-benefit-the-most-from-it/
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Not worth it. Just let yourself go and save yourself the misery now.

lmaoooo....geez
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Holyfuk so many experts in this thread. :p
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    "Both men and women benefit from marriage, but men seem to benefit more overall. In addition to being happier and healthier than bachelors, married men earn more money and live longer. And men can reap such benefits even from mediocre marriages, while for women, the benefits of marriage are more strongly linked to marital quality."

From

http://family-studies.org/why-men-resist-marriage-even-though-they-benefit-the-most-from-it/

Home cooked meals, scrubbed gleaming toilets & tubs, knick knacks on shelves (like woven wicker ducks), framed pictures of kittens and Spanish beaches, clean lavender scented bedsheets and freshly laundered ironed clothes are nice. Even when there's nothing to talk about.

Are you serious?! Or is this sarcasm?
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I think its important to be smoking hot all the time. never a wal mart pajama moment. ever.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options

From

Home cooked meals, scrubbed gleaming toilets & tubs, knick knacks on shelves (like woven wicker ducks), framed pictures of kittens and Spanish beaches, clean lavender scented bedsheets and freshly laundered ironed clothes are nice. Even when there's nothing to talk about.

Well, like, who else is going to do it? The housekeeper?

OK, sarcasm.
  • PowerMan40
    Options

From

OK, sarcasm.

No I really mean it. Unless you know some dude who does this for his wife and his household at large. I'm sure a hardcore feminist man would, but otherwise...

Generally speaking, if a man so much as offers to do the dishes, you can be sure there'll be specks of dried food still on it after he says it's "all done". He won't notice. His wife will.

My dishes are perfect Ill have you know... not a speck to be found...
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Generally speaking, if a man so much as offers to do the dishes, you can be sure there'll be specks of dried food still on it after he says it's "all done". He won't notice. His wife will.

Whenever I wash the dishes I sneak them out into the garden and secretly rub dirt all over them, because anatomy.
  • lisciousg24
    lisciousg24 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I've been married 12 years and I like to look good for my man and love that he looks good as well.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    runwmeNC wrote: »
    Then I wouldn't have to keep working out and eating healthy to remain marketable for the fairer sex. If I was married, she would be mine and I would be hers for better or for worse.... <--- love that loop hole in the system!

And get fat and lazy...and troll fitness sites for women on the side.
  • PowerMan40
    Options
    PowerMan40 wrote: »

From

OK, sarcasm.

No I really mean it. Unless you know some dude who does this for his wife and his household at large. I'm sure a hardcore feminist man would, but otherwise...

My dishes are perfect Ill have you know... not a speck to be found...

But did you run your fingers over the inside of the pan, after it's dried, after you boiled ziti in it?

yes and the pots shine when Im done with them
  • amzblitz
    amzblitz Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Don't ever do it OP ...
  • runwmeNC
    runwmeNC Posts: 612 Member
    Options

From

Yes! Exactly this, we are on the same page.

I provide the home and financial security. I treat her with love and respect. She keeps the home in order and does all those things you mentioned. It us how it used to be done and is alright by me.
  • runwmeNC
    runwmeNC Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I know many will disagree or feel like traditional roles in a marriage are arcaic and that is ok. IT isn't about either spouse taking advantage of other, it is about there roles (duties) within the union.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is anything wrong with any marital arrangement, as long as both people are on board. I still think marriage will go better if you stay sexy for each other. That's just my personal opinion.