I really really want to get married!!!

123457»

Replies

• Luckadea
    Luckadea Posts: 19 Member
    I personally LOVED being married. Sure, we weren't perfect, but we learned to work through any issues we had. We were best friends. We did everything together. Inseparable from day one... It was truly til death did we part. I know our kind of love is not the "norm", but I do know it is possible. We made each other better. He showed me how it feels to be loved and accepted for who I am. Nine years with him was not enough. I hate cancer!

I'm so sorry to hear! I think that kind of marriage is very special and very rare only because most people get married for the wrong reasons. A lot of people get married with unrealistic expectations about what marriage is and then they have a rude awakening once they get married. Getting married is easy, staying married is really HARD WORK!
  • brandivestal
    brandivestal Posts: 2,637 Member
    Luckadea wrote: »
    I personally LOVED being married. Sure, we weren't perfect, but we learned to work through any issues we had. We were best friends. We did everything together. Inseparable from day one... It was truly til death did we part. I know our kind of love is not the "norm", but I do know it is possible. We made each other better. He showed me how it feels to be loved and accepted for who I am. Nine years with him was not enough. I hate cancer!

I'm so sorry to hear! I think that kind of marriage is very special and very rare only because most people get married for the wrong reasons. A lot of people get married with unrealistic expectations about what marriage is and then they have a rude awakening once they get married. Getting married is easy, staying married is really HARD WORK!

Very true!!

And thank you to the others who made sweet comments as well