When did you stop feeling 'fat'?

Options
When was it for you, that you looked in the mirror and didn't think of yourself as overweight? Was it once you entered the healthy BMI range? Was it when you were in a certain clothes size? Or did it just one day click?

I've lost 22lbs so far, 18lbs to go until I have a 'healthy BMI', but I can't notice much difference at all... I'm wondering whether I'll always consider myself the fat girl.

Replies

• courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Don't worry it will happen- but yeah probably not til you're closer to that healthy bmi.

Do you work out or just losing weight with a caloric deficit? For me working out can help because it adds more of an athletic shape rather than just getting smaller.

Great job on your loss so far, you're more than half way there!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Never. Let's just say that I have rather exacting standards. Oh sure, when I hit 150 (from my 265 start) there was a notable difference, but I had let myself go from being fat and sloppy, to skinnyfat and sloppy. Then I started lifting again, at a surplus, and let myself get fat again, as I went from 150 to 177 in just a few months.

Working on that last one currently.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    I'll let you know if I ever get there!
  • Nightmare_Queen88
    Nightmare_Queen88 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I still have thoughts of myself as being fat. I'm in the 170's (I can't give you the exact weight I am since I haven't weighed myself yet this morning) so I'm not at healthy bmi yet. I am finally in the overweight one now. Maybe once I'm at a healthy bmi then I'll finally feel different. :)
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I don't have a sense of myself at my current weight yet. I don't feel my obese former self, but I'm still stuck feeling how I did about 20 pounds ago, which was still overweight.

So I still feel fat.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I'm 15 pounds under the top of the normal BMI and still feel fat. I'm not skinnyfat, I just have all my fat in my midsection hip and belly, but there's loose skin too so it just looks worse).
  • LizIsBack86
    LizIsBack86 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Never say never but than again I am not sure, hopefully one day I can answer your question.............
  • astrocosmiczoom
    astrocosmiczoom Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    149 pounds. Haha.
  • PeachesNcreamgal
    PeachesNcreamgal Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    10 years ago I was an avid gymmer and size zero but I thought I was huge!!! Then I quit gymming because I wanted to be curvy and when the weight started coming back due to lack of hardcore exercise I felt thin and ate like a pig lol. So um I put on 35 kgs( I was 55 kgs then) and got back here to do it healthily and accept myself the way I am
  • jonsmithkidd
    jonsmithkidd Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I have lost 57lbs, at some times have visible abs and am 15% body fat and I still feel fat every day....not sure when it will happen for me, if ever!
  • theGarinator
    theGarinator Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 20 real pounds (fat pounds?), but my clothes are 'much' looser and I'm down a size and a half in my pants. I'm just starting to feel much less fat but better about myself. I think I've lost a lot of fat though cause all my clothes are much looser. Plus I'm much much more limber.
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Don't worry it will happen- but yeah probably not til you're closer to that healthy bmi.

Do you work out or just losing weight with a caloric deficit? For me working out can help because it adds more of an athletic shape rather than just getting smaller.

Great job on your loss so far, you're more than half way there!

In doing C25K, but not weight training. I'm going to start 30DS after Christmas but I only do these for fitness, not weight loss.

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    I have lost 57lbs, at some times have visible abs and am 15% body fat and I still feel fat every day....not sure when it will happen for me, if ever!

In my experience when people think they are X% bodyfat, they are in fact X+2/3/4%. Keep going and you'll get there.