Burn more cals

Options
13»

Replies

• katiehepp1
    katiehepp1 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    healthy491 wrote: »
    I asked this question for ideas , not for people to tell me that I should go out regardless of the weather . Therefore , if you dont have any other idea , I dont see the point .

I know where you are coming from - the thought of going out in the rain is horrible, some people just don't like the rain and I can't stand going out in it, I have invested in a lot of excersize DVDs , my fav is Davina fit in 15 and Davina 7 minute and the 10 minute solution dvds, also Jillian Micheal does great ones, I go on my elliptical machine for 30 mins and then do 2-3 of the DVD as they're short , sometimes if I'm bored and have nothing to do for the night I'll carry on and as they vary they don't get boring ! I also have a excersoze bike and sometimes I'll do half on that and half on elliptical. Hope this helps x
  • katiehepp1
    katiehepp1 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    katiehepp1 wrote: »
    I asked this question for ideas , not for people to tell me that I should go out regardless of the weather . Therefore , if you dont have any other idea , I dont see the point .

I know where you are coming from - the thought of going out in the rain is horrible, some people just don't like the rain and I can't stand going out in it, I have invested in a lot of excersize DVDs , my fav is Davina fit in 15 and Davina 7 minute and the 10 minute solution dvds, also Jillian Micheal does great ones, I go on my elliptical machine for 30 mins and then do 2-3 of the DVD as they're short , sometimes if I'm bored and have nothing to do for the night I'll carry on and as they vary they don't get boring ! I also have a excersoze bike and sometimes I'll do half on that and half on elliptical. Hope this helps x

I also downloaded them on my phone so of I'm not in reach of a tv or DVD player I can do them as I travel for work
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options

rain?! oh no!!!! are you the wicked witch of the west?! will you melt in the rain?!

is there some back-story with this op that i don't know about, that explains all this snottiness? just curious. people get advised to pick something they're more likely to enjoy since they're more likely to stick to that thing. don't really get why this person has to be pissed on for not liking rain.

op, i wonder if form adjustments on the elliptical could help to reduce your back pain? just sayin' because i have seen it in use and some people seem to have a side-to-side hip motion going on that made my own low back flinch.
  • healthy491
    healthy491 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    katiehepp1 wrote: »

Thank you so much for the idea
  • healthy491
    healthy491 Posts: 384 Member
    Options

rain?! oh no!!!! are you the wicked witch of the west?! will you melt in the rain?!

is there some back-story with this op that i don't know about, that explains all this snottiness? just curious. people get advised to pick something they're more likely to enjoy since they're more likely to stick to that thing. don't really get why this person has to be pissed on for not liking rain.

op, i wonder if form adjustments on the elliptical could help to reduce your back pain? just sayin' because i have seen it in use and some people seem to have a side-to-side hip motion going on that made my own low back flinch.

Thank you for this ❤ I just posted here for some ideas but some people have to be bitchy for no reason
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I don't think it rains 24/7 where you are. I live in the UK, notoriously grim but there are plenty of days there are hours and hours of dry weather!

But if you really really don't want to go outside in autumn when it's dry then hit Youtube. Your back pain is probably a lot to do with a weak core and poor posture so strength training, even bodyweight, will be massively beneficial to you with the added bonus of a few extra calories.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    As a last resort, reduce your calories on days you weren't able to get in the excersize, that will help keep your weight loss goals alive. Just keep your calorie intake always above 1200 and make sure protien levels are appropriate for your stats.
  • ctnj2005
    ctnj2005 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    HITT is your friend
  • Bbeliever215
    Bbeliever215 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it was said but don't worry about the steps worry about the quality of the work out. Instead of increasing the time on the eliptical, increase the resistance as much as you can and do intervals. Also try to incorporate some strength training. IF steps are a true issue for you double you walks between classes..meaning walk back and forth until class starts. Jog outside which will keep your heart rate up and keep you warm if it's that chilly.