How to not overeat in a world full of slobs

Options

Replies

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    You do realize that most people here are former slobs right? :D

Uh ya, you're weight is fabulous.

Anyways, you could focus on hitting your macros ( protein, carbs, fat) & still fit in treats if that appeals to you

Can confirm, used to be fat and sloppy. Now just fat by my own ridiculous standards.

If it makes you feel better I'm still totally in slob status. 70 pounds down and more to lose! Ha

To be fair, I think most of us fall into the "could always lose more fat" category, even those like myself, who are technically a healthy weight. I'll consider easing up in the bulk/cut cycles when the veins in my abs have veins on their abs.

I think that this is true. It is hard to know where that perfect weight should be. Plus, there is a "comfortable " range that is "okay" but might still have room for improvement. And there are certain limitations and constraints variants from person to person.

@OP. Hopefully you will find acceptance for yourself and not be so hard on others. As you get older you will look back and realize what a great physique you have now.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »
    You do realize that most people here are former slobs right? :D

Uh ya, you're weight is fabulous.

Anyways, you could focus on hitting your macros ( protein, carbs, fat) & still fit in treats if that appeals to you

Can confirm, used to be fat and sloppy. Now just fat by my own ridiculous standards.

If it makes you feel better I'm still totally in slob status. 70 pounds down and more to lose! Ha

To be fair, I think most of us fall into the "could always lose more fat" category, even those like myself, who are technically a healthy weight. I'll consider easing up in the bulk/cut cycles when the veins in my abs have veins on their abs.

I think that this is true. It is hard to know where that perfect weight should be. Plus, there is a "comfortable " range that is "okay" but might still have room for improvement. And there are certain limitations and constraints variants from person to person.

@OP. Hopefully you will find acceptance for yourself and not be so hard on others. As you get older you will look back and realize what a great physique you have now.

To achieve my "ideal" weight according to BMI I would have to lose around 30lbs which would put me at 3% bodyfat.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    For me home- prep is the only way to go.
    Ready made food is usually higher in calories than you would make for your self. They add all the extra yummy things to make it taste bettter. The portions are usually generous too. Plus the food is not primarily the type of macros that keep me full.

If you can find a way to home prep it would make it easier imo.

• joeyzuraski
    joeyzuraski Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    The majority of young individuals such as yourself are more into the category of "I could look more awesome." Some are actually not aware of how to achieve their goals or lack the motivation of achieving them. If you strive to achieve your look awesome goal, you'll definitely inspire those around you. You should look more into how to look more awesome in say 'how to get to the lowest body fat percentage' versus losing weight instead.

Some of the foods in McDonald's actually are still edible in the looking awesome category such as egg mcmuffins, oatmeal, parflait if they are still on sale. Not sure if their salads are still on sale, but they're on MFP menu.