Bye Coffee?

Options
124»

Replies

• born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I've heard that a tiny bit of salt in black coffee cuts the bitterness. Perhaps that would be preferable to all the cream and sugar? There's also bulletproof coffee, which is coffee with butter added instead of cream or sugar. Not entirely sure how that works as I simply quit cream and sugar cold turkey but it might be worth looking into.

The biggest thing that helped for me was getting a french press and using very good coffee instead of buying brewed cups of yuck from Tim Horton's, Starbucks or Second Cup. The difference between good coffee that hasn't had all the flavour and character roasted out of it and what most people are used to drinking from their local chain is night and day. Black coffee is quite delicious when it's not mass-produced, assembly line garbage.
  • JoeCWV
    JoeCWV Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    If you don't like your coffee black you probably are not doing it right. Buy good coffee. Use a good coffee maker, or better yet a french press. If you are drinking well made good coffee, and still don't like it black then go with something you do like. Tea perhaps?

I have a policy that I don't drink my calories (with the exception of alcoholic drink). Water with my meals and water through the day, or black coffee.
  • JimSkipper
    JimSkipper Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I used to be just like you. I loaded my coffee up, but hazelnut creamer was my favorite. The desires we have for flavors, sweetness, and the feel of food and drink is our weakness. I gradually cut back, learning to appreciate the real coffee taste. Now I just use hazelnut flavored coffee with no sugar or creamer and am better for it. Unfortunately, my wife likes to bake, so I am washing down a slice of pumpkin bread with my black coffee. I still have a lot of work to do to reach my goals.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I LOVE MY COFFEE SWEET!!! I add 2 tbsp sugar free caramel davinci syrup, some walden farms 0 calorie creamer (delicious), and 3 tbsp truvia to a 12oz cup. It is way sweeter than a sugary starbucks lattee and low calorie (<30)