Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    The one day I put good effort into my hair and it's hot and muggy. :lol:
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    OP changed his avatar. I wonder if he still follows his thread.
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    How much my left arm doesn’t hurt...I’m lying! It’s killing me...

Should switch over to using your other arm. Would alleviate the pain from repetetive motion... :laugh:
  • 81Katz
    Options
    I'm not motivated right now. The project I'm (supposed) to be working on is driving me nuts! :angry:
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    kam26001 wrote: »

I thought this same thing :D
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    kam26001 wrote: »

I thought this same thing :D

You guys amaze me when you notice this kind of stuff
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    A friend posted a Friday motivation pic on his wall ... He is ripped ... You'd think he sneezed and abs appeared in perfectly symmetrical blocks .... I feel like I need to create a bigger deficit now. It's unfair how men's bodies just chisel out, seemingly without the aggravation. Today, I kinda feel like a bloated water blimp. Bleh! Bleh! Bleh!
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    edited June 2018
    Options
    A friend posted a Friday motivation pic on his wall ... He is ripped ... You'd think he sneezed and abs appeared in perfectly symmetrical blocks .... I feel like I need to create a bigger deficit now. It's unfair how men's bodies just chisel out, seemingly without the aggravation. Today, I kinda feel like a bloated water blimp. Bleh! Bleh! Bleh!

Friend of mine has amazing abs, even when she doesn't prep for a show. I am working on getting mine, and certainly not easy or without aggravation. :P

Edited for typos
  • 777Gemma888
    Options

Friend of mine has amazing abs, even when she doesn't prep for a show. I am wyon getting mine, an certainly not easy or without aggravation. :P

I saw your belt notches pic ... You're hot already, even if you don't lose an inch more. :anguished:
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    Options

Friend of mine has amazing abs, even when she doesn't prep for a show. I am wyon getting mine, an certainly not easy or without aggravation. :P

I saw your belt notches pic ... You're hot already, even if you don't lose an inch more. :anguished:

Thanks. But, there's a lot of fat still covering them that needs to go. I could lose another 40 and they'll hopefully start to show.

Dedication, and not wanting to lose abet is good motivation. ;)
  • 777Gemma888
    Options

Thanks. But, there's a lot of fat still covering them that needs to go. I could lose another 40 and they'll hopefully start to show.

You look to be in your phase 2 stage already ... I'm in phase 1 @7weeks in with a lot of superficial fat losses ... Gotta keep the wheels oiled and keep on grindin' away, I suppose.

Hugs. Appreciate the volley sound boarding.
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    Options

You look to be in your phase 2 stage already ... I'm in phase 1 @7weeks in with a lot of superficial fat losses ... Gotta keep the wheels oiled and keep on grindin' away, I suppose.

Hugs. Appreciate the volley sound boarding.

I'm not sure what you mean about phases? I'm in a weight loss challenge with some guys I work with, that started on April 1 and our final weigh-in is July 1. Prior to this, I was kind of active, hit the gym a few times a month. Ate a lot of convenience food, and high sugar But, really wasn't serious until the challenge started. I had already planned of working with a trainer before the challenge came up, so that was in place. But, hadn't started.

It's been a complete nutritional change for me, as well as working out daily. I follow my trainer's advice, and do my best to not deviate from it. Doing this, I've dropped over 50 pounds since April 1. I should also add that I'm almost 47.

The guys I'm competing against? The oldest is maybe 27, and the heaviest of them was at 275.

We'll know on Sunday who wins the weight loss part of the challenge. The second part of it is mid-July and has to be completed or else the winner of the weight loss portion loses overall and the runner-up wins so long as he completes the event.

Keep working at it, and you'll get to where you want to be. Sometimes, frustration is a part of it and gets to be a good motivator. Wish you all the best in it!
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    @xFunctionalStrengthx

Competitions are fun. :+1: You've certainly made progress from your formative self. :wink: 47? Impressive.

The phases to me are:

1. Lean muscle buried beneath superficial fat
    2. Loss of superficial fat layers with some muscle definition peeking through.
    3. Medium vascularity with possible water puffiness. Look fit and cut.
    4. Vascularity. Show ready. Super shredded.

I most definitely will keep at it. Thank you!
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    Options
    @xFunctionalStrengthx

Competitions are fun. :+1: You've certainly made progress from your formative self. :wink: 47? Impressive.

The phases to me are:

Ahh, okay. Thanks for the rundown on the phases. I guess I don't see them so much as phases, just more of a natural progression from one to the next. Keeps it simple, and not over thinking anything. Which is where I tend to lose it and go sideways.

Post up progress pics if you feel up to it. Sometimes the accountability is a little extra motivation. I'll most likely post up pics once done on Sunday afternoon. I'll have to do the pics in the morning. I plan to go complete off the wagon Sunday night and indulge myself in things I haven't had in a while. :laugh:
  • 81Katz
    Options
    Almost quitin' time. Thank goodness! :sunglasses:
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    @xFunctionalStrengthx

The phases to me are:

Ahh, okay. Thanks for the rundown on the phases. I guess I don't see them so much as phases, just more of a natural progression from one to the next. Keeps it simple, and not over thinking anything. Which is where I tend to lose it and go sideways.

Post up progress pics if you feel up to it. Sometimes the accountability is a little extra motivation. I'll most likely post up pics once done on Sunday afternoon. I'll have to do the pics in the morning. I plan to go complete off the wagon Sunday night and indulge myself in things I haven't had in a while. :laugh:

I will as soon as I get to the end, with site appropriate attire. At the moment all my pics are defaced by me towards my goals. :laugh:
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »

I quit hours ago. Why are they making you work so late?
  • 81Katz
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

I'm a newbie.
  • 2VORNT2V
    2VORNT2V Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

I'm a newbie.

Haha NEWB