• _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    Ways to make coffee in the woods 🤔
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options

I use an old fashioned percolator over a camp stove or even a fire with a grate
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options

those little starbucks instant packets are good for that long as you got hot water for em
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    Ever secretly want the collapse of society? We need a reset button.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options

I have romanticized that, yes. It’s a lot if the appeal in post-apocalyptic novels
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options

I use an old fashioned percolator over a camp stove or even a fire with a grate

Oh wow I love percolating coffee!! 😍👍I have an old glass one that I break out for holidays ....I don't know why I don't use it daily it blows away the kcup or instant that I usually "treat" myself too😒
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options

I have my moment😏
  • iMago
    Options

I have romanticized that, yes. It’s a lot if the appeal in post-apocalyptic novels

the only thing i remember (i think at least) from Alas, Babylon was the scene where someone dies from absentmindedly wearing a ring that had become irradiated after the fallout
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options

I just want to wear the same clothes every day and not be judged for it

I have an apocalypse outfits Pinterest board.
  • d805
    d805 Posts: 103 Member
    Options

I just want to wear the same clothes every day and not be judged for it

This was my life in the Marines. Wake up in the morning and not worry about what you were going to wear. Same clothes everyday. lol
  • ArmyVeteranM1A1C
    ArmyVeteranM1A1C Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Low carb, high fat, low protein junk food
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options

pour over.
    trqwbpd0yamy.png
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »

pour over.
    trqwbpd0yamy.png

I do this at home. Idk why. The coffee is good though
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    iMago wrote: »

the only thing i remember (i think at least) from Alas, Babylon was the scene where someone dies from absentmindedly wearing a ring that had become irradiated after the fallout

Into the Forest when the father dies because he was an idiot with a chainsaw...

I was very recently trying to explain the appeal of this genre to someone who was more fed on adventure quest stuff and it was difficult to put into words. We almost had different worldviews and I wonder which came first.
  • iMago
    Options
    iMago wrote: »

Into the Forest when the father dies because he was an idiot with a chainsaw...

I was very recently trying to explain the appeal of this genre to someone who was more fed on adventure quest stuff and it was difficult to put into words. We almost had different worldviews and I wonder which came first.

we haven't had a good old fashioned "what r ur post-apocalyptic plans" thread in a while now, but i feel like it'd just be all zombie-based responses, so better to just let it remain a dead topic probably.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Now I'm thinking about what the best post apocalyptic outfit would be...if I only had one.
    It would have to be practical, easy to wash (in a lake or river?), dry quick...hmm

Leggings definitely, for range of motion, running climbing etc. Tank top and a sweater with pockets...pockets that do up

Actually, this just sounds like my "go to" fall, winter, spring outfit (except for the pockets that do up, is that even a thing on sweaters?)

I'm stuck on the shoes tho, damn...even at the end of civilization I'll be hauling around a change of shoes "just incase".
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Now I'm thinking about what the best post apocalyptic outfit would be...if I only had one.
    It would have to be practical, easy to wash (in a lake or river?), dry quick...hmm

Leggings definitely, for range of motion, running climbing etc. Tank top and a sweater with pockets...pockets that do up

Actually, this just sounds like my "go to" fall, winter, spring outfit (except for the pockets that do up, is that even a thing on sweaters?)

I'm stuck on the shoes tho, damn...even at the end of civilization I'll be hauling around a change of shoes "just incase".

It’s like fall/winter hiking - light layers. Shoes are a problem though