What's on your mind?

Replies

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    mtndewme wrote: »
    I'm kind of shocked I finally bought youtuber merch. I'm buying more hopefully if I'm fast enough when the next one that's getting my money's stuff launches. Everything is overpriced but I need to ascend into some nerd *kitten* that's going to ruin my life by taking all my money with no real benefit to me.

You bought the pallete?
  • 777Gemma888
    Dakase83 wrote: »
    It sucks when you see someone you love hurting and there is nothing you can do to make them feel better 😔

Gutting to acknowledge. Hugs.
  • Bravissimocurves
    Bravissimocurves Posts: 129 Member
    bojack5 wrote: »
    I have an open house today for my latest flip project. I usually feel pretty excited for these....my real estate agent asked me to sit up there for this one because it is a somewhat remote area and she didnt feel comfortable being alone.....made me think, did i make a mistake in renovating a house in an area that makes my real estate agent nervous?......

Maybe she just likes your company? 😊
  • 777Gemma888
    bojack5 wrote: »
    I think I will take my partner's advice and pack a small bag for the gym in the morning and just go do it. I need to start taking my health a bit more seriously instead of just drinking all the time and staying within my calorie limits.

And goofing off.

Yet, I am anxious about the gym. People are judgmental and look at people with my body type kinda harshly when we step into the gym.. even more so because of the community I am in (military). I just don't want to deal with it, which is why I have avoided doing anything in public spaces for so long.. so yeah, I know it needs to be done.. but I really wish I didn't have such massive anxiety over it.

I think you have gotten some good advice here. I think its awesome that you are willing to battle your anxiety to do something beneficial for yourself. I have been in and out of all kinds of gyms over the years and yes there will be meatheads sometimes....men and women. But its like that way everywhere, and the more you are into what you are trying to accomplish, the more everything else is white noise. But also remember, there are lots of people in the gym that are nice people as well. Either way it wont matter. You do you and its all good.

Just a side note. From what little i know of you i know you are talented and artistic. I have been to art shows and galleries for friends and not only was it extremely awkward because i had what seemed nothing in common with anyone there, i dont fully understand a lot of it so i said very little to anybody because i felt ignorant. But, when all said and done i thought it was a cool experience and even though im still not able to grasp lots of things about art, i kinda dig hanging around and taking it in.

Just saying we all have a certain talent or comfort zone that we groove to. Stepping out of that comfort zone to experience something beneficial is bad *kitten* in my book. :)

I 💛 this post. Agree wholeheartedly @CanesGalactica being boldened.
  • Bravissimocurves
    Going on holiday with my sisters woohoo 🎉
    Not until next year though 🥴
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    mtndewme wrote: »
    I'm kind of shocked I finally bought youtuber merch. I'm buying more hopefully if I'm fast enough when the next one that's getting my money's stuff launches. Everything is overpriced but I need to ascend into some nerd *kitten* that's going to ruin my life by taking all my money with no real benefit to me.

You bought the pallete?

A bobble head. lol I didn't think I'd ever buy one but I felt inspired today. But I'm going to set my alarm for Shane Dawson's pallete. I'm very tempted to get that pig backpack when it comes back in stock. The bobble was Pewdiepie's.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    I think I will take my partner's advice and pack a small bag for the gym in the morning and just go do it. I need to start taking my health a bit more seriously instead of just drinking all the time and staying within my calorie limits.

And goofing off.

Yet, I am anxious about the gym. People are judgmental and look at people with my body type kinda harshly when we step into the gym.. even more so because of the community I am in (military). I just don't want to deal with it, which is why I have avoided doing anything in public spaces for so long.. so yeah, I know it needs to be done.. but I really wish I didn't have such massive anxiety over it.

yesss, you can do it!
    i used to weigh about 80 pounds more than i do now and was super self conscious going to the gym but turns out that most people at the gym want other people to work out and hit their goals and feel good too
    maybe think of the nameless people at the gym as all the random personalities u know on mfp and it will feel less intimidating ?

Honestly, that's what I hope for. If people leave me alone, then I'm great! Though I might need someone's help as a refresher on how to properly use some of the weight machines. :lol:
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Just the words "Man down, man DOWN". 🤪😜😎l5h9z9ugx0nj.jpg
  • Pandemonium_
    Pandemonium_ Posts: 945 Member
    Was Dumbo THAT bad?

laysivh7qbwe.jpg
  • BlowPopKisses
    BlowPopKisses Posts: 1,482 Member
    Maybe no more babies and/or the fact that somethin' is really wrong.
  • Bravissimocurves
    edited October 2019
    ecgq392zfqx6.jpg

Oh so that’s what ghosting is! I thought it was being married 😂
  • Clairin
    Clairin Posts: 95 Member
    It's on my mind that maybe I'm not tough enough for online dating. On reflection I've been too trusting/naive/vain? I've met two. One:So sure he was who he was claiming to be and that we were starting a relationship. Two: Believed he was sincere.Maybe he was sincere but in truth we don't suit and in fact I told him. So maybe I put him off. On reflection I think I've been too intense. Emotionally it's affected me and triggered me a bit. It's a learning curve. I spoke with a guy yesterday on the phone and basically quizzed him. I think I did that because of feeling vulnerable since trusting the first two. Anyway, that's what is on my mind today.
  • CaliValleyGirl
    CaliValleyGirl Posts: 744 Member
    Love random unexpected text messages

tenor.gif
  • CaliValleyGirl
    CaliValleyGirl Posts: 744 Member
    Trying to sleep, but my husband's mask must not be on right because he's snoring and I can't find my ear plugs
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,348 Member
    p0dwv8gy0mt9.gif
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Clairin wrote: »
    It's on my mind that maybe I'm not tough enough for online dating. On reflection I've been too trusting/naive/vain? I've met two. One:So sure he was who he was claiming to be and that we were starting a relationship. Two: Believed he was sincere.Maybe he was sincere but in truth we don't suit and in fact I told him. So maybe I put him off. On reflection I think I've been too intense. Emotionally it's affected me and triggered me a bit. It's a learning curve. I spoke with a guy yesterday on the phone and basically quizzed him. I think I did that because of feeling vulnerable since trusting the first two. Anyway, that's what is on my mind today.

From being hurt online before and what I learned, you can’t place yourself in a bubble and ready to point fingers of “you’re lying”.

The feeling vulnerable, shows more of you might not be ready for what you think you’re searching for. Your mind has to be open to understanding others might let you down. I’d focus more on red flags and watching the flow of conversations.